Dowland Has Gone To The Bridge

Guest bowiebears

I'm so sorry. It is so hard to say goodbye, but he got to pass peacefully in a comfortable place. Godspeed Dowland. f_yellow

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Run free Dowland. I am not yet a greyhound owner, but hope to be soon. I lost my last doggie eight months ago so I feel your pain. I know there is a Rainbow Bridge and I'm sure Dowland is there playing with my Echo. My thoughts and prayers go out to you. :f_red

Image removed, not within the GreyTalk signature guidelines of <15 KB file size limit. The image removed was 29.08 KB (29,782 bytes) file size.

I am so sorry about Dowland but what a way to go...stretched out in a nice patch of sun. Rest well, sweet boy.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I don't know that you can ask for more......a long and happy life and a peaceful passing. I know you'll miss him - I'm so very sorry for you :grouphug

Amen. Beautifully said.

Ditto.

I am so very sorry for your loss...

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

What a lovely tribute, filled with quiet eloquence, like your very beautiful old man. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Dowland.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest greytexplorer
I'm so sorry. It is so hard to say goodbye, but he got to pass peacefully in a comfortable place. Godspeed Dowland. f_yellow

ah, if only we could all go this way.....

hugs,

~Pat

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Dowland. That is my wish for all of mine, to go peacefully in a warm sunbeam knowing how much they are loved.

:grouphug:f_white

Isaac & Jeff - I'm so sorry Dowland had to leave you. He was a sweetie - quiet & unassuming but demanding pets in his own way. I'll miss him too.

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

I am so sorry for your loss. Dowland crossed the bridge in the same dignified way in which he lived. He will be sending you a sign..............it will be subtle and dignified, just like he was. You can count on it.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest mbarson

Aren't Greyhounds funny with all the kind of things they get up to? Your wonderful story of Dowland's life brought tears and smiles to my eyes, trying to remember all those things that I remember about my two dearly departed ones. You will no doubt get a response from Dowland as he runs free with all the others who waited for him over the bridge. I had a quick flash one day when our latest rescue, Maggie, walked past me just within my sight and I immediately thought that this was my Rocky, who died a year ago, until I looked over at Maggie and saw her doing the same stance as Rocky would do. Memories are so much appreciated and if the tears have to flow, let them do so. My codolences are with you and Dowland, may his memories always be with you.

So very sorry for your loss.

Although it hurts right now, must be of some comfort to know Dowland had a quiet, painless and peaceful journey.....

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

He left in a sunbeam. How beautiful. I'm sorry he had to leave you Isaac. I'm glad he had a wonderful life with you. Rest well Dowland.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Guest bowiebears

My partner, Jeff, has written a very nice tribute to Dowland in his blog.

There's also a lovely pic of Dowland from his 13th birthday, this past June.

For those who might be interested, here's the URL:

http://bearcastle.com/blog/?p=1425

Again, many thanks for your words of comfort and sympathy.

--Isaac

Guest GreytMuse

What a touching tribute to Dowland, who was obviously a much-beloved part of your family. :heart My deepest condolences on your loss, I am so very sorry. f_yellow

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm so sorry for your loss. It is impossible to not shed tears when one so special passes from us. Please know that we shed those tears with you :grouphug