Shredded Pro Plan

Guest sc1911cwp

Guest sc1911cwp

Has anyone noticed that the new formula is the cause of loose stools? Of my two hounds one always has loose stools but the other went from firm to loose. So now I want to try another food to see if the change can firm up the stools for both. I was advised by a grey person, who works at a specialty pet store, to try California Natural. I was wondering if I should try Pro Plan For Sensitive Stomachs first? As always I realize everyone has different experiances, but I apprciate the help. TNX :blush

My one dog hasn't gotten loose stools, but he's flat out refusing the Pro Plan Shredded right now. Mango loves the shredded bits, but now you've got me thinking because her stools are much softer than usual. I'm planning on switching myself now, and I've been a Pro Plan devotee for 5 years now.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

What about Pro Plan Selects? That's what I use (salmon), and the ingredients are better than any of the regular Pro Plan varieties. Beth's stools are always pretty good. I wouldn't touch the shredded stuff myself.

Edited by PrairieProf

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

I'm pretty ticked about the change and yes loose poops

I have been feeding them PP for 6 years and never thought I'd have to find a new food :(

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

they changed it back since 1/09.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I just bought a bag and it was the same

I meant to ask if I could get some of the old stuff

I picked up 4 bags in Oct but am almost out so had to pick some up this week

gallery_2213_3086_11460.jpg

Kari and the pups.
Run free sweet Hana 9/21/08-9/12/10. Missing Sparks with every breath.
Passion 10/16/02-5/25/17

Could try the Purina ONE equivalent altho the formula is a little different -- I think all the ONE's have corn except for the Sensitive/Salmon (it has some corn gluten meal but not whole grain corn).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I changed from the reg pp to the large breed. I have to stick with the chicken/rice because of Jojo. That is the only thing that doesn't cause loose stools and gas. We didn't have any problems with the large breed.

waiting at the bridge Connie Van Teddy & Jojo, Cobra

Guest Hollys2hounds

All three of mine LOVED the Pro Plan Lamb and Rice (old formula).

I found that with the new shredded version, the poops were greater in quantity. I even wrote to Purina, and they were kind enough to send me a few bags of the old formula to mix in with the new, and some great coupons.

My greys are doing fine with it now, but the poops are still larger than they used to be. My little poodle girlie may be having a hard time with the food though, as... literally... she went to the vet today because of hemorrhoids!!! :o

Edited by Hollys2hounds

Guest greyladydown

I've switched and have had no problems at all. The original Adult Chicken and Rice (non-shredded) will be back in stores by the end of the month. It will be sold in 37.5 bags only.

I am so glad they are bringing back the original. The last bag I bought had way too much of the shredded stuff in it. Einstein barfed it back up the first time he ate it. He tends to leave the shredded stuff and Roxy scarfs it up. I have not noticed whether it has given them loose stools though. Its way too cold to go poop hunting.

Make a fast friend adopt a greyhound

springflat.jpg

I've recently started feeding the ProPlan Select Lamb and Oatmeal and the dogs love it and poops are small and firm...I can't believe I just said that. :lol

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest Grhndad

My 4 kids and foster are on the shredded beef and rice and they love it. No loose stools at all. The one thing I don't like is that they raised the price and dropped from 37.5 LB bag to 35 LB.

We had really bad luck w/ the shredded blend. I've been trying to find a food that agrees with everyone and doesn't bankrupt us for 4 dogs.

I called Purina and according to them they're going to start selling the original chicken formula again. They don't have any plans for the beef (which

is what we feed) or the lamb, but she said if enough people call and complain they would probably consider selling those again also.

Those shredded pieces just gross me out. And, it gave Mimi diarrhea which is especially yucky in a 14.5 yr old that poops in her sleep sometimes. :puke

sig%20march%2015_zpsgicdhakq.jpg
Wingnut (DC Wingnut), Voo Doo (Voo Doo von Bonz), Barb (Myokie Barb) & Romey (Nose Stradamus)
at the bridge Molly (CM Blondie) 9/8/14, Maddy (Reuniting) 10/17/13, Rocky (Ranco Popeye) 1/7/12, Mimi (Flying Ringneck) 8/13/09 and RJ (RJ What For) 5/3/05

Guest greytgrandma

Ill have to tell Josh they will be selling the old chicken & rice , Hot Rod likes this shredded stuff but his coat doesnt seem as nice now since the change.

My 4 kids and foster are on the shredded beef and rice and they love it. No loose stools at all. The one thing I don't like is that they raised the price and dropped from 37.5 LB bag to 35 LB.

Grhndad, too bad you're not closer to me - I have a brand new 35lb bag of the shredded beef and rice that's going to need a new home.

Mango's poop went officially to pudding poop today so I'm going to switch her off it as well. Takoda is refusing the PP canned beef and rice as well tonight, and refused the Purina One that I bought today. I also bought a bag of Nutro Venison, and managed to get him to eat a little of that by hand feeding him.

Good to know that Purina's bringing the old formula chicken back, but that doesn't do T any good - when I tried to switch him to that a few months ago, he got big D, so I steer clear of chicken. I guess I need to contact Purina and 'cast a vote' for the return of the beef and rice!

Also good to know that I'm not the only one whose dogs are having issues with the shredded.

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest sc1911cwp

I spoke with a nice gentleman from Purina and he stated the same information as others here and offered to send me some coupons. I will be starting my guys on PP Sensitive Stomach tomorrow after I can get to the store. I hope they do well on it.

Guest charmsmom

I've had my crew on PP Sensitive for a year now (with a brief, failed attempt at Kirkland) and they are all healthy and happy. Firm poops, gorgeous, soft coats, and little to no gas (depending on the treats... :lol )

Guest sc1911cwp

Well yesterday I picked up a bag of PP Sensitive Stomach. I think I am going to accelerate the introduction of this new food as both guys are running at this time. I can't see what it would hurt. That and start them on some rice. Keep ya posted. :wave

We had been feeding the Beef one and although we had good poops Milky Way always seems to be starving and his weight has actually dropped even though he was getting the same amount. Of course he went to the vet and they could not find anything wrong and just recommended we swtich food so we did and he's back to normal.

Alicia and Foster Yoshi ( pit bull) 

Always in my heart: WV's Milky Way 6/25/2000- 4/22/2013, Hank ( St Bernard/Boxer) ???? - 10/3/2017 and Sweet Pea (English bulldog)  2004 - 6/19/2019

www.etsy.com/your/shops/MuttStuffnc