Ok..any Ideas Here?

Yesterday, Sammi started out normal. Morning pee, had breakfast, mornign poop. Off to my dad's for the morning/afternoon. Pooped there. Came home, pee'd around 230pm and came indoors.

As I was going to bed late last night, it dawned on me that she didnt ask to go outside since we got home. We're under a storm atm, so usually when the weather is this bad, we don't take walks. She's is a prissy girl that I usually have to drag outside in bad weather when she has to go potty.

Around 4am I wake up feeling like I am on a rocking boat. She's on the bed panting. Ok, maybe the house is a lil too warm. So I take off her PJ's. Lay back down. She gets herself comfy and zonks out. I wake up in the morning and she's panting/rocking the bed again. I nudge her with my foot and that is when I realize she's shaking slightly while panting. :blink: I sit straight up and run my hand along her. She stops shaking.

We go outside (I'm thinking she has to be holding a LOT of pee since she never curbed her water intake. It was normal) Sure enough, she goes.... a lot. Come inside and there is no panting or shaking. in fact, since i took her out this mornign she hasnt done either. But here's the kicker...

2 hours later, I take her out again. More pee (full bladder style). Make french toast for DS and I, and make her breakfast. 30 min later, I go to check my email and DS notices a wet spot on my bed. Just as I turn around and look, Sammi dives off the bed into the livingroom and pees right there on the floor. A LOT of pee. My guess from the amount on the bed, my coming into the room stopped her. Because there wasnt a full bladder there (thank god) but there was on the floor in the LR!

So in the span of a few hours we've had multiple full bladder amounts.

She didnt feel like pottying last night.

She was panting last night.

She was shaking & panting this morning... but that stopped when I touched her and then took her outside.

Her eating and drinking habits are normal.

She doesnt appear to have a fever or any sore spots.

She wasnt shaking or making sound to indicate that urinating was painful and the color was normal.

Besides the guilty expression, she's acting normal now.

Any ideas?

Guest Spencers_Greyt

Personally I would take her right away to the vet regardless if she's back to normal or not. Panting and shaking are usually signs of distress and pain.

I found your post a bit confusing.....but if you were saying that she was peeing far more than normal plus the panting stuff then I would have her checked out by the vet and try to take a urine sample if you can catch one.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I found your post a bit confusing.....but if you were saying that she was peeing far more than normal plus the panting stuff then I would have her checked out by the vet and try to take a urine sample if you can catch one.

That is what is so confusing. She was panting around 4am, I assumed from being over warm in her PJs. I also had the covers kicked off me, so it was logical to think she was overhot (someone around 4 feet tall that will remain nameless messed with the thermostat). Once I took off her PJ's, after a few moments, the panting stopped and she stretched out and prompty zonked out.

This morning, I awoke to panting and shaking. Concerned, I ran my hands over her and talked to her. She stopped.

(ETA~ This was the last occurance of the panting and shaking)

I immediately get dressed and take her outside thinkng she is about to explode from holding it so long. (I did ask her throughout the late evening and at 4am if she had to go potty, realizing she hadnt gone in a while.) There was no shaking, panting, whining, crying or anything to indicate pain or distress after she woke me this morning. Not even while pottying.

The only signs now that something was/is wrong is the fact of the accidents and full bladders in the house and the guilty expression she's having. She's cuddled very close to me atm, so I have been reaching over and checking for shaking or pain pretty often.

As for the Vet... with this weather there is no going anywhere atm. Unless there is blood or GSOD's, I am not going to endanger her or my son by being on the roads right now.

Edited by Gryffenne

Urine sample to the vet as soon as you safely can. Meantime, best to make sure she goes out on a reasonable schedule.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Vet as soon as safely possible--it sounds like she's in pain from some cause.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest Willerton

If she didn't go pee from 230 PM until 4 AM, it's possible that she didn't completely empty her bladder the first time she peed. My dog who has never peed in the house before went out one morning after holding it for a long time (14 hours overnight), peed a ton, and then peed some more inside an hour lor so later, and then I took him outside right after that and he peed a ton more. He was fine after I got him back on his regular schedule.

If she didn't go pee from 230 PM until 4 AM, it's possible that she didn't completely empty her bladder the first time she peed. My dog who has never peed in the house before went out one morning after holding it for a long time (14 hours overnight), peed a ton, and then peed some more inside an hour lor so later, and then I took him outside right after that and he peed a ton more. He was fine after I got him back on his regular schedule.

What the OP is describing, could very easily be a UTI. Better safe than sorry because left unattended, it can cause pain.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

What the OP is describing, could very easily be a UTI. Better safe than sorry because left unattended, it can cause pain.

Since the artic circle decided to relocate, all i can do is watch her atm. From what I could see on my comforter, the towel and the pristine white snow, all colors have been normal, no blood or any exotic coloring. (i've definately had enough specimens to study <_<) . No strong odors from the inside accidents. Since the accidents, she's been taken out whether she wants to or not, every hour. (No long walks w/ the windchill. We can only stay out fora few minutes) There has been 1 pee and 1 poo. No more accidents. No more signs or distress. All colors and eating habits are normal.

Her shaking and panting may have been from holding it. (I sure would be in some pain) The solo panting in the middle of the night may have just been from being too hot.

Once it's safe to travel/be outside, if there is anything that raises a flag, we'll be at the vet's. if conditions nosedive to where I think it's dire, we'll attempt the nearest vet.

If it were me my first thought would be these are not all related incidents. Panting because she was too warm, and panting because she had to go potty.

You said she didn't go out to go potty last night, and I know my Bridge girl Libby would hold it forever if it was stormy outside. She got to the panting stage *once* and then I forced her to go out and potty on relatively the same schedule every day. And if your girl was still drinking the same amount I imagine there was some back up in her system - ie, she went out and emptied but then filled back up again, and ended up going on the floor.

Though I would also add that I would have her checked as soon as you safely can. And make sure she goes out, even if she doesn't want to.

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly