Pass The Dip!

Guest friedmaf

Congratulations!

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

How wonderful. He is precious and brought a huge smile to my face. Congrats and best of luck.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:yay Welcome to the Galgo club!! Strap in and prepare for a wild ride!

I knew Charlie (from afar) as Cicerio. I followed Julie's progress as she brought him over. :) I am so, so, so glad he got a home! Now you know there are some of us who want regular updates and pictures! *ahem*

If you need any help or advice, or have questions...I think I've learned a thing or two about my Spanish terror firecracker. :lol I have a lot of reserach info links too about the breed since there is so little info.

Shannon and Argos - who is super excited another buddy from Scooby has made it over!

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

Guest friedmaf

I knew Charlie (from afar) as Cicerio. I followed Julie's progress as she brought him over. :) I am so, so, so glad he got a home! Now you know there are some of us who want regular updates and pictures! *ahem*

Shannon and Argos - who is super excited another buddy from Scooby has made it over!

I was going to ask you if Argos came from Scooby! And yes, Charlie is the formally known as Cicerio galgo! Personally, I think "Charlie" fits him much better.

I'm already starting to notice the differences between a GH and a galgo. Tovah and Charlie are the exact same age, but Charlie's got WAAAAYYYY more energy. And, for lack of a better word, he's just got a lot more spunk. He's more curios about everything around him.... absolutely no fear.

I was going to ask you if Argos came from Scooby! And yes, Charlie is the formally known as Cicerio galgo! Personally, I think "Charlie" fits him much better.

I'm already starting to notice the differences between a GH and a galgo. Tovah and Charlie are the exact same age, but Charlie's got WAAAAYYYY more energy. And, for lack of a better word, he's just got a lot more spunk. He's more curios about everything around him.... absolutely no fear.

Yup, yup. Argos was a Scooby dog that also got tore up by the others in the paddock...just not as badly. He's a scrappy dog! :lol

I like Charlie better as a name too. I changed Argos from Jacobo. I think it gives them a bit of confidence to get a new name with the new life. I look at it like reinventing yourself. :)

Oh...and how different Galgos truly are from greys! I don't think a person can know until they live with one. They're powder kegs. I told Argos in an excited voice that his buddy got a home and he did 7 laps in the yard...:lol Timmy and Lucius watched on from the beds on the porch... :rolleyes:

I truly hope he settles in nicely. He's been in a foster home so he has an advantage. :) Give him a couple weeks and you will see Galgo quirks emerge. All the ones I know are mountain goats. They climb and jump like they are cats! And they arch their backs when you pet their spine and play on their backs and kick their legs. And they don't really sleep so much as recharge. They make life exciting, that's for sure! :wub:

He looks absolutely adorable :wub: I love the "testing the beds" picture :lol:

Congrats! Welcome home Charlie!! :confetti

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Smiley-loveshower.gifSmiley-congrats.gifSmiley-loveshower.gif

What a handsome boy Charlie is!! :wub::wub: He and Tovah look like they've been buddies forever.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest friedmaf
How has Charlie been doing the past few days?

It's amazing how well he has adapted. It's only been a little over a week and he's already made himself at home. Although I'm down two shoes, a house plant, and a remote control. :eek Aside from that though, he's doing great. He's completley over his food fear and will actually sit down next to Tovah while he has a long casual chew on his bones. Considering everything this poor boy must have been through, he's just amazing. He is super cuddly and friendly. Just an absolute joy!