A Year Ago Today, Heaven Gained A Star....

Guest VelvetEars

Guest VelvetEars

One year ago, I made the hardest decision of my life. I chose to let Janey go, rather than putting her through a surgery that was a long-shot at best. I know it's what was best for her, but it wasn't best for me. My heart says "what on earth were you thinking?" But my head says, "how would you feel if she'd died on that sterile table, surrounded by strangers? wasn't it better that she go being held in your lap, surrounded by those who loved her most?"

I miss her every day. I look for her in the yard, in the house, on the couch.

Ah....Janey....I am sure you are wreaking havoc in heaven. Do everyone a favor and leave the bread and manna alone, okay? I don't think you're supposed to have a carb addiction in heaven. I'm sure you're hanging with Porsche (give her kisses for me!), and getting lots of love from Trish and Grandma. Just know that I think about you every single day, and I love you just as much today as I did a year ago.

Until we meet again, sweet Janey....

Love, Mama

I am so sorry. I know how you are feeling - I will miss my angel forever. I hope Zena and Janey are wreaking havoc together.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Meredith, I am so sorry that Jane had to leave far before her time. She knows that you love her and you know that she loves you. I haven't yet had to "make the decision" to let one go but I know it's going to be the worse thing I will ever do to myself. I just hope I know when the time comes and not wait too long. I want to be like you in that I don't want any of mine to be around strangers when they pass and with me not there with them. Bless you heart that you had to make that decision. Heaven has a very special angel in Janey.

Guest VelvetEars
Heaven has a very special angel in Janey.

Heaven has a hellion in Janey. :lol I don't know if they knew what they were in for... If she's anything there like she was here, she's territorially protecting her space and raiding the trash and growling at anyone who comes near me.

Guest VelvetEars
Wow, I can't believe it's been a year :grouphug

Me either. It hurts like it was yesterday.

I don't think anyone else remembers. Not my mom, not even my husband.

I worked at home today because I knew I'd have a hard time.

Hard to believe it's a year, on the otherhand it feels like forever. It must feel that way for you too.

:(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I was thinking about you today. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:grouphug I am sure it is okay for Janey to have as much bread as she likes...I am sure my bridge boys are going round snarfing all the sausages they can find ;) and while on the subjects of the boys I do know just how you feel, I opted to let Mulder go and not try further treatment as I thought he had suffered enough (he was misdiagnosed as having kennel cough when he had congestive heart failure) and I know the other side too, my lovely Scully died on the operating table without me there, it haunts me still, but I know that I was doing the right thing for him at the time and I know that the vets and nurses were all very kind to him.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT