Smiley- Tlp Shooting Star

DesertFox

Smiley was my first greyhound. DH and I had wanted to add another dog to our house. DH had grown up with farm mutts, and I came from a family that had hearding dogs (Border Collies, Aussie and GSD's). Somehow through some homework and long discussions we settled on a greyhound. Not a bad choice, we had ex -racehorses so why not and ex-racedog?

The adoption group I work with is one that picks the dogs that suit your lifestyle and other pets in the home, they then call you and give you your choices. It's like a long term blind date. The adoption coordinator called gave me my choices but told me flat out "take Smiley, he'll be the best dog you will ever have." I took her at her word.

She was right.

The moment he stepped into the room on the night we picked him up, he looked me in the eye, walked up to me and leaned. I was totally smitten. He rode home in the back seat of a Camaro, and not long afterward we got a bigger truck just so he's have room to stretch out his legs.

He endured car shows, car club house parties, teenage pet sitters (who did god only knows what to my house ... he never did tell), and lastly a kitten that was convinced Smiley was some long lost relative. He was my constant companion as my DH travels 4 nights a week most weeks of the year. He kept me company when I was sick, he cuddled with me on cold nights, he was the reason I got Sammy, so he's have a greyhound buddy to hang with while I was at work.

I could write a hundered things about him, but mostly I've had dogs come and go in my life, I loved them all but I've never had one touch me as deeply as he did. He had a way of looking at you like he was reading your very soul.

The thought of waking up tomorrow to a world without him is an unbearable thought, yet I know it is a reality I have to face.

I'll miss you buddy, find some of the other new angels like Bones, Emmy, Andy, and TigerPower... have a good time. I'll see you on the flip side.

Valerie

Proud Mommy of retired racing greyhound Bud Delite (Sammy) Percy Weasley and my angel TLP Shootingstar (Smiley)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart goes out to you.

Godspeed, beloved pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. My sympathy and prayers. Godspeed precious little man. :grouphug:f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Oh, what a beautiful tribute. How you loved him. I'm so sorry you lost your precious Smiley.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet boy. :grouphug :grouphug

Run free Smiley. Let your mom know you're okay with the other angels...