Isis Needs Prayers..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 5 days, Isis is using her leg a little more. Mainly when she is walking she puts a little weight on it and hops, but her paw isn't as curled under as it was Wed. When I am up and she works her way to the dog door I will get up and open the sliding door for her. She is still having some trouble going in and out.

The good news is she is trying to use the leg a bit more each day and now gets po'ed when I go to help her up on to the bed. She tries to jump and gets about 3/4 of the way and her back legs don't grab the blanket as well as a week ago so I will grab her backside and stabilize her and she thing hobbles and settles in.

When we are in the living room this is her comfort spot

comfort.jpg

When I massage her leg she stretches it out a bit more each day. I think she is like me and not going to accept this getting older with any grace.. :lol

Greg

newsig1127ab_zps4af4600d.jpg
Isis, Always in my Heart Bijou, My Sweetest Angel

Keep feeling better and better sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyt2love

I hope she keeps on feeling better. As to getting older, well, we all deal with it in our own way, but a little help now and then isn't a bad thing !

There is a herbal called trameel. You can get it for them to take orally (pills) and you can get the gel to massage in to their limps. It really works. You can find it online.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending more prayers and scritchies. Keep getting better, lovely girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest greydogluvr
There is a herbal called trameel. You can get it for them to take orally (pills) and you can get the gel to massage in to their limps. It really works. You can find it online.

My holistic has vet suggested this, as well.

ETA not for Willie, but in the past

Edited by greydogluvr

I hope that she continues to improve. Is she still taking Rimadyl?

I took her off that after Friday. She isn't in pain, I mainly used it to keep her calm the first 3 days. That stuff kept her sleeping a lot and not jumping around.

If you have an acupuncture vet nearby, that probably would help her a lot! It helped Cody when she had the back/rear leg issue!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Well the Monday afternoon update....

She is doing a little better..even jumps on the bed..sort of... :lol The back legs don't have the umph back yet so the front legs get n the bed no problem..the back legs semi-make it and I give her the added boost. And she will attempt to bout more weight on the left leg when she walks but hops more then walks

I've noticed the muscle in her inner thigh right up at the hip joint will quiver when she is standing. Went to the store today and got the Traumeel tablets and gel. Will start her on those today. It was a few dollars more then on line but take into account the shipping cost and the amount of time it would take to get here what's a few bucks.

She is getting a little better each day. I took her off the Rymadl Saturday morning, she doesn't seem to be in pain.If this Traumeel is as good as everyone here is telling me, i would rather give her the natural stuff then pharmaceuticals. :)

I will let you know how it goes.

Greg

Well the Monday afternoon update....

She is doing a little better..even jumps on the bed..sort of... :lol The back legs don't have the umph back yet so the front legs get n the bed no problem..the back legs semi-make it and I give her the added boost. And she will attempt to bout more weight on the left leg when she walks but hops more then walks

I've noticed the muscle in her inner thigh right up at the hip joint will quiver when she is standing. Went to the store today and got the Traumeel tablets and gel. Will start her on those today. It was a few dollars more then on line but take into account the shipping cost and the amount of time it would take to get here what's a few bucks.

She is getting a little better each day. I took her off the Rymadl Saturday morning, she doesn't seem to be in pain.If this Traumeel is as good as everyone here is telling me, i would rather give her the natural stuff then pharmaceuticals. :)

I will let you know how it goes.

Greg

A little better and better, that's great! The Traumeel Gel is great Greg, just be sure it says GEL. I got the cream once by mistake....it wasn't pretty. Bet she'll love the massage too

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so happy to hear that Iriis is improving we will continue to pray that she feels better!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Wonderful news...keep up the good work sweetie. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

You might want to consider stopping her from jumping up on the bed. If she indeed has a back problem, you don't want to aggravate it & cause more problems. When Nevada was having her back problems, the Vet told me to stop her from jumping. I would hoist her onto the bed after that-even though she wanted to jump. As she got weaker she figured out that she could no longer jump herself.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

Ok..been almost 2 weeks..

She is getting better, but still not doing a lot of weight on the leg but she is using it more. Took her to my vet and of course Isis was a real trooper. Vet knows it is some sort of sort tissue issur like a sprain, but Isis wouldn't whince or jerk her leg so the vet doesn't exactlu where the sprain is.

But she is getting better, a little at a time. My hardest thing is to catch her before she tries to jump on the bed at night. :lol

G