Here We Go Again

Guest ss556

He didn't go outside yet, gave him the tramadol and he seems to be resting better. Thank you Robin. I will sleep next to him tonight and hope that things will be better in the morning. Thank you all for your thoughts, ideas and prayers.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dh couldn't get him out or Alan didn't want to go? Did he eat tonight?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest vahoundlover

Oh no! When Boss had his first episode, getting him out was a real challenge. I can only imagine with both of Alan's front legs bothering him. :( If he doesn't have his assistance harness on, try to get it on him...it really will help you hold him up and prevent him from falling.

Robin, thank doG you are nearby.

Sending lots of prayers. :hope:candle:grouphug

WE have that assitance harness, we will have to put it on him. He has been lying down in the same position. He didn't want to go out, it seems. It's been 12 hr. now - no potty break. He ate a little bit of rice and boiled chopmeat earlier - then his pepcid and then the tramadol. he has been sleeping since and I haven't even given him his BP pills, as I hate to disturb him. DH wants to sleep w/ him so that he can try to get him out when Alan wakes up. I finally agreed and will go to sleep soon on my bed. Like I might really sleep - and last night b/c of the diarrhea he had, I only slept maybe 4 hrs. I just hope and pray that tomorrow is a better day for all of us. I will post tomorrow morning. Thank you everyone. Keep praying please.

Hoping that Alan (and you and DH) had a restfull night and that Alan is more comfortable today.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Thank you all. The tramadol helped him, I am sure. We slept till 1:30 and I got up to check on him. It was 14.5 hrs. since a potty break and DH and I got him up. DH carried him outside and he peed. Never so happy to hear that! He slowly walked back to the house almost totally by himself and laid back down. He was panting so I gave him another tramadol, only one, and he rested until 7:30 this morning. He looked more comfy on his bed and DH carried him out in the front and he started to walk to the street and peed on the garbage and snow. He ate, like a royal highness, in his bed - rice and chopmeat and I was picking up the remains for 5 mins. He seems a lot better than last night, maybe the first vet I spoke to was right and that it was a sprain. I will call my vet later and update then. Now, how on earth do I get ready for work and leave? Thank goodness DH works 2 miles from the house, has his own business, so can leave at any time. He will be here in 3 hrs. to check on him. Think positive thoughts. This has to be a Merry Christmas for us.

Guest HersheysMom

He does sound better this morning, Susan! Maybe he does need to just rest it. Do you have tomorrow off work for Christmas Eve?

Edited by HersheysMom

Good news. Keep up the good work sweetie and get lots of rest. We will check back often. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

He's better, but not right. I took him out front and he's still limping w/ the right front paw - not as bad as yesterday and the left one still knuckles a bit, although when he picked up the pace walking in front of my house, it gets better. He ate, had water, had a cookie, looks better, but is not right yet. I will see what the vet has to say. I wanted to just wake up and have all of this gone. DH will go home around 11:30 and then again most likely as I will get home at 4:30 unless the vet wants to see Alan before that. I have to work 9-12 tomorrow and then I'm home for several days.

It's good that he's doing better, I'm sure the Tramadol has dulled the pain. But it's best to get to the bottom of it because all the Tramadol will do is mask it. If you do get to see the vet, ask him/her what they think about putting him on a NSAID for 7-10 days. That short time should not hurt his kidneys and he may just need an anti-inflammatory to fix this. Please keep us posted

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Will ask about the NSAID, tramadol, etc. So pissed, just heard from a co-worker that my boss said that he can't believe how much money I spend on my dog, this after I called to say that I would be a little late. I'm here over 20 years! :angryfire