Lesion On Marx's Right Back Leg

I noticed this on Marx's right rear leg on the inside a couple of weeks ago. Took him to the vet a few days after I noticed it, had it drained (it was full of blood), vet said it was nothing to worry about. Now today I noticed that it's back and filled with blood. Marx is not in any pain and doesn't seem to be messing with it. Anyone else's grey ever have a lesion like this? It looks like a blood blister, very superficial on the skin. I'm thinking I may have to have it surgically removed to prevent it from coming back.

Here are some pics of it:

347969688.jpg

347969678.jpg

Praying for all the missing greys!

Did your vet look at the blood under a microscope? I'd be tempted to have it removed so it doesn't keep bleeding. I'd also have them send it out for pathology just to be sure.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Did your vet look at the blood under a microscope? I'd be tempted to have it removed so it doesn't keep bleeding. I'd also have them send it out for pathology just to be sure.

Yes she did look at it under a microscope, it wasn't sent out to pathology though.

When she aspirated the first lesion it ended up scabbing up after a day.

I just realized in those pictures it looks like a melonoma lesion but it is definately all blood filled.

Praying for all the missing greys!

Abbey has one of those on his rear right knee joint - it scabs over (black thick scab) and comes off regularly, bleeds like crazy, and scabs over again. I've never had it removed and it doesn't seem to bother him. Someone suggested it was wart-like.

Both mine had something similar. I had them removed: one turned out to be a cutaneous hemangioma and the other was an angiokeratoma. Both were benign, but the pathologist stated that if left they can sometimes progress to the malignant form - cutaneous hemangiosarcoma.

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Wally just had 2 lesions removed, both benign.

One of the lesions looked like that and it was on his inner thigh. Bled like crazy when the vet picked at it.

Pathology report on both came back as vascular hamartoma.

I'd certainly keep an eye on Marx's lesion. An ordinary scab from a nick of some kind wouldn't bleed that much. An history of a clotting disorder?

Hope it's nothing or at least something simple.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png