Off To The Vet With Beau- Stomach Off

RobinM

I don't even know how long it is- I do know that we were at the vet 2 weeks ago- he had a rectal, a shot and nothing changed. He is not eating well at all.

I did notice that this morning, although his tummy is not gurgly, he is still not eating. He ate yesterday, relunctantly.

Mornings are the worst.

I just gave him some science diet cookies which Polli really likes... and that is the ONLY thing he is eating. He is on his... probably 8th one right now. They are about 1.5 inches long.

I have a feeling, Beau is going to be switched to Science Diet.

Anyway, I do hope it's nothing but a food change is in order. Is it ever anything so simple???

I sure hope so.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

It seems morning are always the worst, same here. Let us know what the vet has to say Robin, hopefully it'll just mean a food change for him. You sure have had your share these days!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

We're back. Although he looks very skinny- he hasn't really lost weight. They did labs, gave another shot and changed food to I-D.

Now I have Beau on I-D

Chloe and teddy on Pro plan sensitive

Polli on Evo and Purina one.

Quite frankly- as long as Beau gets relief, I don't care what he eats.

Tomorrow the labs will be ready. Hopefully, this is will do the trick.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Hopefully you will have some answers soon. Has Beau tried the I-D diet yet?

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I hope the I/D diet does the trick, Robin. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

Ok so off-topic question, but do Teddy's and Chloe's farts smell REALLY bad on Pro Plan Sensitive? Ugh! I thought Sagan's were bad - Merlin is gassing me out of the house this morning. It's the worst smell ever.

OMG no... don't make me start a thread on greyhound farts :rofl:rotfl

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hopefully you will have some answers soon. Has Beau tried the I-D diet yet?

No- this is a first and he did eat a cup of it already. tonight I will add in some chicky and rice. Hope it works.

Ok so off-topic question, but do Teddy's and Chloe's farts smell REALLY bad on Pro Plan Sensitive? Ugh! I thought Sagan's were bad - Merlin is gassing me out of the house this morning. It's the worst smell ever.

And how would I know the difference! they ALL stink BAD!

Sending prayers a change in food will take care of everything. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom
I hope the I/D diet does the trick, Robin. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

OMG no... don't make me start a thread on greyhound farts :rofl:rotfl

One huge benefit of the I/D diet for Soul: NO SMELLY FARTS! :D

Guest IrskasMom

Ohhhh Robin ...... you got your Hands full ! Hope that's all it is ...a Food Change !

Not to Hijack this Thread . I am bordering over the Holiday a english yellow Lab. I give her Breakfast just dry Kibbles,she

eats it all . Morty gets his Breakfast 1.5 Cups Kibbles ,1/2 can Wet Food and some Rice and Chicken , it still sits there

after all the coaxing. Maybe ,I make to much fuss about it ?

If he is havig tummy troubles, I would give him the ID and nothing else. We deal with tummies here a lot. I know it's hard and you want him to eat, but I have found with Chase that we need to give his tummy a rest. Then after a few weeks if he is stable, I add bland stuff back one at a time.

I hope he gets to feeling better. I know you are worried.

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Gave him the I-D last night with lean beef mixed in. He ate it and enjoyed it.

Woke up this morning to the sound of Beau's stomach GURGLING again. He wanted to go out at 5:30 and stayed outside in the horrible cold, blustery weather.

Doesn't want breakfast as of yet. gave him his pills at 6AM.

I am waiting on the labs. If they are OK, I am not giving any kibble, just beef and rice for 5 days and will see how he does. I am at a loss.

Guest SoulsMom
Gave him the I-D last night with lean beef mixed in. He ate it and enjoyed it.

I am waiting on the labs. If they are OK, I am not giving any kibble, just beef and rice for 5 days and will see how he does. I am at a loss.

Why not try JUST the I/D for a few days? With Soul, before the massive blood episode, he was on just beef/chicken and rice. Very little improvement. Then the blood came and he went on I/D exclusively. It was the only thing that worked. Well, I'm sure the Flagyl helped too . . . .but even once the meds ended and he continued with the I/D diet, no more problems.

The ID will give the gut a rest. Beau needs that right now. If you don't wait it out with him, every time you give him somethig different, his gut will flare. That includes treats and cookies.

I don't post about it here --or at all for that matter -- but Chase has these spells often. I can manage it without the ID though, but as he gets older, I may have to resort to using it. And when his kibble changes formula and we don't know it, we start all over again. That's why we gave up Canidae after all those years.

vr2a.jpg

Poor Beau and poor you! I hope Beau's stomach starts to settle.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'll second the 'try just the ID' advice, and give it enough time to work.

I went through a terrible time with Bandit when he first came. He was so shy and freaked by the change, he worked himself right into stress induced colitis (sp). Big D about every other night in his crate, never a peep out of him to let me know he was in distress. We did the 24 hours of fasting, we did boiled chicken and rice, boiled ground beef and rice, back to fasting. It was awful! He was good weight when he came and he lost 7 lbs, I was a wreck. Tried the flagel (sp) with very little effect. The only thing that did the trick was the ID, but I had to give him only ID, used the dry kibble for treats and feed him the kibble mixed with the canned for meals. After 10 days we started gradually mixing in the Eagle we normally feed. He's been fine ever since. BTW he loved the ID.

Good Luck! Feel better Beau!

Sounds like the ID may be worth a shot on its own. :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck Although I guess I'd see how things go with the beef and rice, since Beau is eating it...

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

We also had trouble with Vinnnie when he first came and he had to go on Sensible Choice (years ago) because it was the plainest kibble at the time without going ID. He was on that for over a year before I could give him anything else... no treats, nothing. Vin also ended up having an ulcer years later, and again, plain food, lots of meds, no treats or variation of the protocol. I guess Chase is my second forey into sensitive gutdome.

vr2a.jpg

Guest SoulsMom
I'll second the 'try just the ID' advice, and give it enough time to work.

I went through a terrible time with Bandit when he first came. He was so shy and freaked by the change, he worked himself right into stress induced colitis (sp). Big D about every other night in his crate, never a peep out of him to let me know he was in distress. We did the 24 hours of fasting, we did boiled chicken and rice, boiled ground beef and rice, back to fasting. It was awful! He was good weight when he came and he lost 7 lbs, I was a wreck. Tried the flagel (sp) with very little effect. The only thing that did the trick was the ID, but I had to give him only ID, used the dry kibble for treats and feed him the kibble mixed with the canned for meals. After 10 days we started gradually mixing in the Eagle we normally feed. He's been fine ever since. BTW he loved the ID.

Good Luck! Feel better Beau!

I did this with Soul as well. He got a handful of the dry kibble as his "treat"