Mango Update

Good girl sweetie....I know you are singing...I'll be home for Christmas... :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Such wonderful news.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greydogluvr

What a relief. I am so happy Mango is doing so well. I am smiling ear to ear. What a wonderful holiday this is turning out to be for you all. WhooHoo!!!!!

That is excellent news!!!

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Yes, how is the lovely Miss Mango doing today?

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Talked to Dr D today - he wanted to know how I felt about taking care of that open wound while it healed, rather than putting her through more surgery to try to close it up. I didn't tell him, but I'd do anything they wanted me to do in order to have her home. Well, I guess in a way, I did, as I told him I didn't have a problem caring for the wound. :D

I have a 3:20 appointment with him tomorrow...

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Yes, I think you can bring that girl home! What a wonderful Christmas present that would be for both of you.

Who was it---Ranger's Mom---who was talking about these laser treatments? They sound very helpful for wound healing.

I'm so glad she's doing well. Keep it up, sweet girl!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Yes, it was Ranger's mom who talked about the laser treatments. I'm going to ask Dr D if he's heard of them and tell him what Ranger's mom said. Of course, that's along with the long list of questions I still haven't asked about "what's next now?" Along with Artemisin? Biopsy results? Oncologist? I have my notebook packed with Mango's 'coming home from the hospital bag'. :lol:

Two hours and two minutes until I go pick up my Baby-girl....

Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Hurry home sweet baby girl...and Merry Christmas Wishes To All! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Mangoshome122308003.jpg

Hello, everybody! Momma says y'all have been pulling for me. Well, as you can see, it worked! I am home - and happy to be there. I have rubbed my face all over Momma's bed, and the sofa, too! I snuggled with Momma for a little bit and then she got up to give all of us furbabies supper. I ate half my supper, and then Takoda and me traded bowls, just like we always try to do. Momma said tonight was special, so she let us get away with it. Then I peed and pooped just like I always did after dinner, and now I'm resting on my sofa, since Momma said the bed's off limits until she can get a protective cover over it. See, my boo-boo's still open, and kind of yucky, because Momma won't let me lick at it. Know what though? That's okay, 'cause I'm just happy to be home where it smells like Momma, and me, and Takoda, and the kitties.

Thank you everybody for working your GT magic, 'cause I really wasn't ready to go to that other place, you know? I still have things I have to teach Takoda and the kitties...and Momma needs me yet...

Edited by mangos_mom

Greyhounds Unlimited

Oh, sweetheart ... so GOOD to see you HOME! Heal up and be well, baby girl.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Thank GOD she is home. She has been on my prayer list for a very, very long time. I can ONLY imagine how happy you are to have her home. I am THRILLED for you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Darn! My eyes are leaking again! Oh, sweet baby girl, you have absolutely stolen my heart! I can only imagine the big smile on Mom's face when she looks at you! Welcome home! Let the healing begin!!! :hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

:bounce1 Mango's home, Mango's home :bounce1

Let the happy dance begin! :banana

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

:lol We've been doing the happy dance since we got home last night! Well, all except Takoda, who seems to be afraid of her. I'm hoping that's just the vet smell on her and that it will pass. :(

Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest vahoundlover

:lol We've been doing the happy dance since we got home last night! Well, all except Takoda, who seems to be afraid of her. I'm hoping that's just the vet smell on her and that it will pass. :(

It will pass :grouphug He knows something has been going on, he knows she is different now....

Something I have found that REALLY helps...talk to Takoda, picture what your saying in your head while your talking...tell him what is going on and what will be happening...he'll understand...I promise.

Kate, I am so glad your Christmas wish was answered. Big hugs to you, Mango and Takoda. Have a very Merry Christmas. Are you having any company over?

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Something I have found that REALLY helps...talk to Takoda, picture what your saying in your head while your talking...tell him what is going on and what will be happening...he'll understand...I promise.

You know, Hope, I do that so many times with both of them, but in the midst of all this, I neglected to 'talk' to him about Mango. I will make sure to do that now.

The night passed uneventfully. Mango cuddled with me for a little bit, but as is usual for her, as I started to fall asleep, she got down and reclaimed "her" dog bed from Takoda, who was "just restin' his nose on it - honest, Ma". Still he looked so uncomfortable on "his" bed next to hers, I called him over and gave him a boost up with me (he hasn't been able to get enough power from his hind legs to get him up there on his own). And so we all went to sleep, just the same as we did before this all happened. What comfort there is in routine!

This morning, we're right back to routine, pretty much. Mango has even gone to the leashes and 'given me the look'. Since she didn't persist, I went back to being lazy, but once I get dressed, I'll take both of them out the front for a little walk.

Takoda, while still hesitant around her, has come out of the bedroom more today than he has in all the time since Mango left for the hospital. They are both where they usually are when I'm at the computer right now - laying on the floor beside me. I'd take a picture, but Mango's laying incision side up and I don't want to gross anybody out.

I finally found details on how to use a towel to make a bite-not collar, so we've checked that off our list (thank you, GTers who have done this before me!), and we've had our first session of hydrotherapy - and since I hadn't used the hose attachment I bought for my bathroom sink 3 years ago when I had to do hydrotherapy on Mango's foot, I managed to soak everything but Mango because I didn't get it attached right. :P

So, now we are all just chillin', coasting into Christmas Eve on a happy note!

Greyhounds Unlimited