Mango Update

Guest GracieGirlGrey
apr08to121108068.jpg

:wub:Thank you for the pic of the sweeties. I'm glad to hear there is good news today! :heart I hope Mango is okay with not being out and about with the people - she's such a social girl.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not much of an update tonight - she is still doing good, per the vets. She's eating. She's walking around. She's licking her wound. They want to get some good granulation on the wound and then they will try to close it up a little more although I don't know how they are going to do that. No ETA on when she can come home. I think she thinks that she's lives at the vet clinic now! :lol:

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

This little girl has been through so much already, it's time to go home.

Continued prayers for both of you.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Update 12/18/08: Change that 'cautiously optimistic' to optimistic! Mango continues to progress in her healing. I haven't talked to the vets in a couple days - figured I'd give them a rest! But I've talked to the techs and they are just elated at how good she's doing. She went out on a walk today. She continues to eat. And the spot where they removed the skin is healing, although it still looks scary to me.

The bad news is that they want to keep her over the weekend yet (this will be the 3rd Mango-less weekend at my house. :( ) But the word is Monday or Tuesday, Dr Darbro will have a try at closing that wound up some so she can come home. Frankly, figuring out how to care for that wound is a little intimidating to me, so I'll let them have her for one more weekend.

Tonight, she was sitting up, eyes bright, looking to see who was coming when I stopped to see her. She looked like 'my Mango' once again. So I'm holding on to that image until I can have the real thing. (And to think my Mom asked me this past weekend if it wouldn't be kinder to have her PTS!)

Thank you all for the power of your prayers and good thoughts. They have helped Mango and me get over this hump - and I can never say thank you enough for that!

Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

I'm sorry she isn't home yet but so glad to hear she is doing well!

Hope you will continue keeping us posted on her progress, and hope she is indeed home with you early next week.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh, my gosh, I don't think I realized she was still at the vets! The poor girl. Poor you! But I like the word optimistic. It sounds like she's making steady progress, and I think there is that point where they "turn the corner", and the real healing starts. It's hell before you get there, but once past it, they don't look back. She is indeed "your Mango", and you will realize that even more when she finally gets back home.

I think I've closed my eyes and tried to will this girl to get better so many times in the past few weeks, and I'm just one of many who are doing the same thing, and keeping her in our prayers. We'll keep it up.

Be sure and let us know when she comes home, and how she's doing.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I think I've closed my eyes and tried to will this girl to get better so many times in the past few weeks, and I'm just one of many who are doing the same thing, and keeping her in our prayers. We'll keep it up.

Be sure and let us know when she comes home, and how she's doing.

OH, you made my peepers leak all over again! :blush

You guys will be the first - well, the third actually - there are two people who have held onto me the tightest through this that get first and second dibs on the news - to know when she comes home. And I promise to post some pictures when she does!

Greyhounds Unlimited

Oh Yeah Mango!!! I am so happy to see that she is doing better. I hope you are holding up Kate. Please know that I am thinking of you.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest GracieGirlGrey
I'm so happy to hear that she's looking better Kate! :yay Sorry about missing her for the weekend YET again - but it sounds like she's in good hands. She is such a little trooper and so are you. Hang in there girl and hopefully she'll be able to be home for Christmas..... what a gift that would be.... :goodluck

Holding sweet Mango in my heart and prayers...soon she will be home. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

(And to think my Mom asked me this past weekend if it wouldn't be kinder to have her PTS!)

Thank you all for the power of your prayers and good thoughts. They have helped Mango and me get over this hump - and I can never say thank you enough for that!

First of all, I am thrilled beyond words that your baby girl is on the mend. We did some serious praying for her!

2ndly, my sister said something to that effect, just not in those words. When I mentioned that Polli's back was out and we had to carry her everywhere, she said, On no, that's too much. This isn't good, are you going to do "something"?

I said, yes of course. I am going to do whatever it is for as long as I have to - to get Polli back to where she needs to be!

Relatives= :crazy

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Oh, lovely! Just the dose of sunshine that is needed right about now. I am sure that everyone - including the staff at the clinic - knows how badly you want her home - heck, we ALL want her home with you - but they want to make sure that she's ready. Sending an unending stream of prayers for Mango and all who love her.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, lovely! Just the dose of sunshine that is needed right about now. I am sure that everyone - including the staff at the clinic - knows how badly you want her home - heck, we ALL want her home with you - but they want to make sure that she's ready. Sending an unending stream of prayers for Mango and all who love her.

:lol I can laugh, sort of, about it now. I've become 'one of those dog people' to my family now. :rolleyes: It's okay. My dogs are my constant companions. My family can't overcome their issues enough to come visit me.

I trust my vets, and their staff, completely, and I know they are absolutely doing what's right for her right now. I've gotten to know them all pretty well through this and I know they want her well enough to go home.

Soon. Real soon, I keep telling myself...

Greyhounds Unlimited

I stopped to see Mango on my way to meet a friend who has made an assistance harness for Takoda, and oh boy, I can't stop smiling.

They've moved her to one of the bigger kennels, so she has more room, and when the techs took me back, she was standing waiting to see who was coming. I got a big smile and tail wag from her, and I got to hug my Baby-girlfor the first time since this all started. (EmbersDad, I remember you talking about that when Ember first started her journey. While I understood it, I didn't realize just how wonderful a thing it would be.)

When we opened the kennel door, Mango took off down the hallway, first trying to go out to the treatment rooms - of course - that's where the people were - and then heading for the back door, where the turnout yard is. So out we went and she took care of some business then stood soaking up the air.

Basically, she wandered around the whole time I was there, no sign of hesitation or shakiness at all. She's skinny, but she's eating and drinking and generally being her sweet self. The techs are all so excited at how well she's doing now. And I am, too.

She seems to be on target for the surgery to try to close the wound up a bit early next week, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she's home for Christmas. That will be the best present ever!

Greyhounds Unlimited

That's absolutely, positively, beyond-a doubt the best news! We have all fingers, toes and paws crossed here for successful surgery. Hugs and prayers! Hugs and prayers!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greytfulhounds
I stopped to see Mango on my way to meet a friend who has made an assistance harness for Takoda, and oh boy, I can't stop smiling.

They've moved her to one of the bigger kennels, so she has more room, and when the techs took me back, she was standing waiting to see who was coming. I got a big smile and tail wag from her, and I got to hug my Baby-girlfor the first time since this all started. (EmbersDad, I remember you talking about that when Ember first started her journey. While I understood it, I didn't realize just how wonderful a thing it would be.)

When we opened the kennel door, Mango took off down the hallway, first trying to go out to the treatment rooms - of course - that's where the people were - and then heading for the back door, where the turnout yard is. So out we went and she took care of some business then stood soaking up the air.

Basically, she wandered around the whole time I was there, no sign of hesitation or shakiness at all. She's skinny, but she's eating and drinking and generally being her sweet self. The techs are all so excited at how well she's doing now. And I am, too.

She seems to be on target for the surgery to try to close the wound up a bit early next week, and I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that she's home for Christmas. That will be the best present ever!

This news brings a smile to my heart!! :yay:yay:bighug

Kate, I can feel the excitement in your post. I am so very happy for you. I've got fingers and toes crossed here for you as well. :)

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.