Poor Jen Dee:(

Guest greyvettech

Guest greyvettech

Please keep Jenni in your thoughts. She kept me up all night panting and painful-I gave her an exam and concluded that she had hurt her neck-We went for a walk this morning(after a painful walk downstairs:(and she put her head down to smell the grass and shreaked the awful greyhound scream!! I took her to work with me and my Vet confirmed that she probably herniated a disc in her neck... I feel so bad for her- I completely freak out when something is wrong with our pups- She is on Diazepam, tramadol, and prednisone and I think she feels a little better already- get well Jenn Dee!!!!

Guest joedogs_mom

Prayers for a quick recovery -- my angel Joe had recurring trouble with his discs and it was very hard for us all and ultimately why we had to put him to sleep. Speedy recovery vibes heading your way and prayers that they don't happen again! Believe me, I know how rough those nights of panting/pacing are...thinking of you and your baby!!!

Oh, poor girlie! That sounds nasty and painful :( Glad the meds seem to be kicking in :)

Get better soon Jenn Dee! :goodluck Here... this may help: :dogcookie

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Speedhoundz

You know, I was just discussing this issue with my vet yesterday because a former foster of mine was just diagnosed with a bulging disc in his neck as well. My vet said proper rest is *key*, so you might want to consider putting Jen Dee on strict crate rest for a while. My former foster did well for a few days on the pain meds but then suddenly took a turn for the worse, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck. Sending lots of prayers for Jen Dee!

My Teddy has a bulging disk which we have been treating with acupunture for almost a year now. It has helped a lot.

Prayers for your baby girl..

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Our Angel Sophia had a ruptured disc. :( Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greyvettech

Thanks guys for all your good thoughts:) Yes, I have to rest her as much as possible which isn't easy for her-She cannot be in a crate as she has severe seperation anxiety and I fear she would hurt herself even more- Leash walks only for about 4 weeks-If it becomes a reoccuring problem, I think I may consider acupunture- We don't offer it at the clinic I work for but I have heard great things about this treatment!

My sympathies to poor Jen Dee! Renie has neck issues too, and is suffering a flare up right now. :(

Are you walking her in a harness? If not, it's perhaps something you might want to consider.

Jim had acupuncture for his arthritis, and it helped him a lot! Our nearest clinic is an hour and a half away though, on not very good roads. It's a bit of an ordeal for them when they're in acute pain. However, I had a couple of needles put in during my physio yesterday, and I can tell you from my own experience that the reduction in pain while he worked on me was incredible.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

Guest greyvettech

Thanks! She is feeling much better today-she can put her head down to sniff the grass now:) Although I am trying to promote her from not moving around too much more than she has to-I think she'll only approve from here! ...... :goodluck Yep, I'm walking her with a harness...We are leaving to go out of town in about a week and a half,I hope she is better by then and I hope she doesn't re injure herself while rough housing with the greys she's staying with- I will have strict rules for the babysitter. lol