Polli Update- 2months Post Amp Today

RobinM

Polli is 2 months post amp today.

She doesn’t seem to have bounced back from her chemo as quickly as the last time and she is due to have her 4th treatment Monday. Although she is eating “OK” and is still my cookie monster, she is not as spunky and doesn’t appear to be as happy as she had been.

She used to get 2 - 1mile walks a day and after the amputation she was getting 2- ½ mile walks a day. Now she only will do 1-½ mile and if I didn’t make a big deal about it, she wouldn’t care if she went or not.

It’s her indifference that is causing me the most concern. I know there is nothing I can do that I am not already doing.

Worried mommy here. Sometimes I think I am just reading into things too much. But I do know my puppies better than anyone.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm sorry Robin. I hope it's just temporary. Do you think it may also be the dark days and the grey or cold weather? I know Merlin is affected by it a lot, and I worry that he's slowed so much recently, but DH reminded me he did the same thing last winter. Of course I know Polli's case is different, but I am wondering if it could be a combination of things... just an idea, I may be completely wrong.

I'm keeping Polli and you in my thoughts daily. Sending lots of hugs and keeping my fingers crossed. :goodluck :goodluck :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greytmonty

I am sorry Ms. Polli isn't totally her bouncy self. I hope that this is temporary and she will regain her strength. I know when humans have chemo, often fatigue is a strong but temporary side effect. you are in my thoughts, hugs from Philly.

I feel that once sweet Polli is totally finished with her chemo...you will have a "wild" child on your hands. Kiss her for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Polli is always in my prayers.She's an inspiration for many here. And maybe it's okay if she's not quite herself, she's going through a lot. But you already know she's a fighter Robin. For Polli :kiss2

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest PiagetsMom

Try not to worry, Robin......as you said, you're doing all that you can possibly do. Hopefully Polli's spirits and activity will pick back up again :grouphug

Is this the first winter you've had her? I know that here in my house, my dogs barely want to go outside to go potty, let alone go for a walk once the weather turns cooler. Anything below 40 degrees and they prefer to snooze on the couch and do as little as possible :lol

Try not to worry TOO much...she'll feel your worry. If everything else about her is *pretty much* normal (or at least getting there), I'd say you're doing alright. As others pointed out, she's going through a lot, and, this is a cruddy time of year to be doing chemo, which will make her tired ON TOP OF the winter slump.

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

Thanks everyone.

Polli is an inspriaton to me as well. I got an email from Winslows Mommy. She had been lurking on here and she read my post.

She writes:

Winslow had some times when he was just not himself, too.

Sometimes it's better to allow them to set the pace. We really don't know how they're feeling. She may not come back "the same".

Just spend time letting her know that whatever she needs, you will give her.

Winslow still cannot go as far as he used to on walks. His was a hind leg and if he walks too far, he can't get up the steps when he comes home. He's changed some in other ways, too. We just watch to see if it's something new or a symptom of something wrong. There's always a level of paranoia, but we live with that

Winslow is still happy, friendly and loving, but his personality has changed since his surgery."

Reading what she had to say helped a lot and I so appreciate it. I just get scared. I think when they go through this we are so overly senstive to anything we hear or see or anything we don't hear or see. Basically, I have Polli under a microscope.

I need to take a chill pill and enjoy her rather than be so stressed worrying. I am good at leaving my stress at the door. In the house we are all silly loving and never negative.

ETA- this is Polli's 2nd winter here in NY where we get mild ones compared to her farm in KS.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

healing thoughts coming your way from everyone here - polli & i share the same name so i am pretty sure she is a strong girl!!

The strongest!

( Welcome to GT- btw and thank you for the well wishes.)

We all share your worry, Robin! Miss Polli is such an inspiration for all of us - and her Mom is no slouch, either! Hugs to all with hopes for sunnier days ahead!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead