Mango's Had A Setback

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking of you and Mango this morning.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Good morning everyone. Thank you for your continued good thoughts - sounds like they may be working.

My vet isn't in the office yet, but his techs are so I just called for a quick update. She's up, and hanging out in the back, watching everything go on, which is just what she likes to do. I have some meetings this morning (and unfortunately life has to go on regardless of how I feel) but I hope to talk to Dr D directly a little later this morning.

I won't be able to get back on GT once I log into work, much to my dismay, but I'll come back to update as soon as I can.

Oh, to answer some of your questions: I'll ask about checking the platelet count when I talk to Dr D; Diane, as of last night, the only pain med they were giving her was a morphine-based drug. Theyhad her off all else. I'm hoping to have a response from Dr Couto this morning, and then I'll send another email to see if he will consult with Dr D on this situation.

Thank you, again, for all your good thoughts!

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited

Guest greytfulhounds

I just got an e-mail from Kate and she asked if I would share the latest update on Mango as she is unable to post to GT right now through her work computer.

Dr D just called - Mango's doing better, but not where he wants her yet. She'll be there at least another 24 hours. Here's what he told me:

kidney values have come down

bruising is begining - ever so slightly - to get better

BUN was 130 yesterday; is down to 97 today; was 23 before the surgery (when we checked it last Tuesday); norm for GHs is 20

Phosphorus is normal now

they're continuing antibiotics

platelets are normal at 370,000

The only other thing he's concerned about is that the skin around the incision is beginning to get leathery, which he said means it's losing it's blood supply, but he said not to worry about that just yet. (Doesn't he know that I worry about eveyrthing? <g>)

He said she's much more alert this morning than she was yesterday - his words: yesterday she was pretty much looking like she didn't care whether she lived or died - no wonder I got scared - I sensed that. As the tech told me, she's watching the world around her today. Dr D said she's pretty much laying stretched out on her side, but he figured that was pretty much her position of choice anyway - and it is!

I feel better now - we're not out of the woods, but she's back with us to fight some more to beat this. I'm breathing a little - no, a lot - easier.

Guest greytloves

I just saw this about Mango! Kate, I am so sorry you are having such scary things happening with her.

Will be sending many healing thoughts her way.

How is Takoda handling her being away?

-her buds in Edom.

We are all thinking and praying for your girl.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Whew! That's much better news! Little by little, day by day, Mango will get better! Many prayers, healing light and hugs! Please keep us up to date on how she's doing! :grouphug:hope:hope:candle:candle

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead