Sonie - Please Send Prayers

Guest HersheysMom

Guest HersheysMom

Sonie has a slight limp on one of her front legs, and she is yelping when she lays on her side. We heard her yelp earlier this week but she was in another room so we didn't see why, we thought she may have been dreaming. Then last night she yelped when she lay on her side, on what could be her shoulder. I think I should watch her over the weekend and if no better get full xrays next week. My husband wants me to start her on Artmenisin ASAP (which we have in the house) as a precaution while we wait and I told him please do his research today to make sure it's safe to give to a healthy dog. I am a memeber of the Arte. Yahoo group, so I should be able to get an answer to that today.

I am in full panic mode. I have all these things racing through my head - she's only 7 - I would want to do everything possible. But she is a super spook - and vets offices completey spook her - so I don't know what I would do. I just need to get through this weekend first, I think.

Thanks for any good thoughts for my dear girl.

Edited by HersheysMom

Hope it's nothing, but if this has been going on for several days and continues today- can you bring her in tomorrow?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest gretzky

Yikes! Thinking positively that this is nothing and will be all better by Monday. You've made great progress with her Carolyn. I'm sure you and John will get her through whatever needs doing.

Sending my many prayers that this is just a pulled muscle. Hug and kiss Sonie for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Sending lots of prayers and white light... that it is just a pulled muscle... :grouphug:hope:hope:hope:hope:candle

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest HersheysMom

Thanks a lot everyone. It's now a significant limp. Deramaxx seems to take the edge off some. We are going in tomorrow for a manipulation and maybe xrays depending what we find.

Naty, she doesn't run much if at all, but Johnny B runs into her and knocks her over sometimes. He could have run into her.

Guest HersheysMom
My heart just sank when I read this. I'm sure you've already done this but have you checked her paws? Dear lord I hope it's nothing.... :blush

Yes, but not as throughly as I probably should. Thanks for the suggestion. Tomorrow I'm hoping they'll go over all of that, look at the paws, etc. and we can at least pinpoint WHAT is hurting, then do the xrays if it's in a suspicious area. I think I just want to get right on this because her behavior is similar to what Star's was....well, we won't go there, you know. Not tonight. Step by step, day by day, I refuse to take this any other way.

My heart and prayers are with you. Kiss Sonie for me and update us as soon as you can tomorrow. :grouphug Chanting...muscle strain...muscle strain...:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Muscle strain.......muscle strain..........muscle strain.................muscle strain................muscle strain................muscle strain.................muscle strain....................muscle strain......... :goodluck:goodluck:hope:hope:hope

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead