Need Advice

Ok...this afternoon Flashy was chewing his bone and I noticed some blood on his bone and bed. Upon inspection~he has one of those tiny teeth on the side (upper) which is VERY loose. It was not last night when I brushed his teeth...When I brushed his teeth tonight he exhibits no pain...no bleeding...he is eating well and asking for his bone back. Do you think it will tighten back up? Or that it will come out on his own? He just had a dental not long ago and his teeth and gums look wonderful. I sure hate to have to take him back to the vet...he is SO scared when he has to go...but of course want to do the right thing for our little man. :blush

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder if he cracked it by accident on the chew-bone. I don't think loose teeth ever "tighten up." :(

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

I doubt it will tighten up. I would be concerned that if it's loose, it could crack or chip and that may cause pain. You tell the Flashman not to be afraid of the vet, black dogs don't get afraid!! Keep us posted. You may just want to call and talk to a vet tech at your office and see what they think

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Thanks all. We are headed for the clinic right now. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

I agree that teeth don't tighten up. They either fall out or need to be extracted. I'd bring him in sooner rather than later. If it did crack, it could abcess.

That happened to Chloe when I first got her. She had had a racing injury where she had a fractured tooth. We left it alone for a very short time, it abcessed and had to be removed.

He will be fine. I know he hates to go. My kids hate it too. Please update.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest Greensleeves

This exact thing happened to Whistler, and I was in a panic that he'd have to have a dental. Took him right in to the vet, and Dr. Linda looked at it, pondered a bit, and then said, "Do you trust me?" After I nodded, she grabbed some forceps, grabbed the tooth, and popped it right out! Whistler never even flinched.

Hope things go just as smoothly for Flash!

Hope all went well for Flash at the clinic. :goodluck Update when you can.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Well...Our little man was KNOT brave. I felt so sorry for him. Flashy is having surgery tomorrow morning. He has to be there at 9:00am. He had his CBC and Chem Profile ran tonight for his anesthesia tomorrow. He is on Tramadol and Clavimox. Right now he is busy trying to get the bandage off of his leg from his blood draw. We would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for good labs and a quick surgery for our little man. :(

Usethisone.jpg

Flashman, we are going to say some very special prayers tonight for you. Not because we're worried that you won't do well, because you WILL. But we know you are afraid so our prayers will be for you to be relaxed, and not afraid. Try hard to be brave, your buddy Wayne is here thinking about you!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Flashman, we are going to say some very special prayers tonight for you. Not because we're worried that you won't do well, because you WILL. But we know you are afraid so our prayers will be for you to be relaxed, and not afraid. Try hard to be brave, your buddy Wayne is here thinking about you!

Flashy says thank you very much and that our prayers are continuous for Miss Misty. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Ack. I'm sorry the dratted thing didn't just fall out on its own. Hugs and best luck for an easy time tomorrow.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

OH Patti~

He WILL be ok. Thy will take it out, you can put it under his pillow and have the greyhound fairy GOD mother will maybe get him a new toy! ;)

He will be fine. Sending good thoughts and many prayers for an unevenful quick surgery.

Update as soon as you are able to.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:goodluck

I know he'll be fine, but I'll be thinking good thoughts for him anyway.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Mommydog

Never mind Flashy it'll all be over and done with really soon, and you'll be right as rain again. It's best to have it seen too, or food debris will get into it, and then next thing it would be an abcessing.

HEY PATTI!!!!!!

String

Doorknob

Slam the door!!!!

Poor Flashman. You know he'll do fine. A little propofol and out in a jiffy! Hugs to the Flashman and the rest of the puppers. A smooch for Fred. And maybe some ice cream........

Auntie LeslieTthFry.gif

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Was the tooth broken??

If not it is a darn pity it wasn't loose enough to do a quick grab with their dental pliers - probably would have stressed him less than the blood draw :)

(I have seen my vet do this on a couple of occasions with a small loose premolar and with a very loose molar - dog didn't realise what was happening until it was over)

Sending lots of good vibes

Pam

Well...Our little man was KNOT brave. I felt so sorry for him. Flashy is having surgery tomorrow morning. He has to be there at 9:00am. He had his CBC and Chem Profile ran tonight for his anesthesia tomorrow. He is on Tramadol and Clavimox. Right now he is busy trying to get the bandage off of his leg from his blood draw. We would appreciate prayers and good thoughts for good labs and a quick surgery for our little man. :(

Thanks everyone. No...they can't just yank it. They have to go in to remove the roots...the tooth is separated from the roots. :blush

Usethisone.jpg