Tail Problem

My Sterling boy had a cut on his tail - about 2" long about 2" from the tip of his tail. We tried hard but it just wouldn't heal properly. :( I took him yesterday to our vet, and the news was not good. He had about 5" removed and has 3 stitches. I picked him up late in the afternoon and he's been sleeping a lot (and drooling and shaking) :sad1 Vet said he should be more comfortable now than with the bad tail tip - I hope so. Please send the GT healing light his way. (on a side note :rolleyes: I told Kelsey not to call her brother "Shorty" :P )

Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Lots of good healing thoughts!! Wayne lost his tail to happy tail and he did great. And Wayne said to tell Stering that he will be just as handsome, if not MORE!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest p51crazyhorse

Do KNOT worry Sterling, you can still be a seggzy dog without a tail, see how good I look!?!?!

IMG_04552.jpg

And my momma sez that she is glad she doesnt have to cut anything off your stocking... yea... think about that! so do KNOT feel bad and just give Kelsey the ole stinkeye........

Streamer, the tailless wonderdog

:getwell Poor Sterling. I so understand. About three years ago, my Indy's tail got clocked in the door at the vet's office, for cryin' out loud (long story, but it was my fault.) :weep Of course, as soon as we entered the lobby, Indy had to happily wag his tail and blood went flyin' everywhere. Looked like a crime scene. Sigh.

Vet sutured and bandaged his tail, which got clipped about 3-4" from the end. Took Indy back for frequent dressing changes over the next ten days or so, but unfortunately, blood flow was compromised and the tail couldn't be saved. Vet had to amputate approx half. Needless to say, I felt just awful.

But we survived the episode, and Indy aka Stumpy did just fine. By the way, I used a ton of Glad Press'n Seal to keep his bandages clean and dry. What a fabulous product.

Well, just tell Sterling an abbreviated tail will simply give him more character.

Guest p51crazyhorse
Copper and Savannah say <<< Welcome to the 1/2 tail club >>>

butts.jpg

oh! you have the kitchen sink I have always wanted!.... and the beadboard....

oops, sorry hijack over......

Tanks eberybuddy fur de healing thots and wishes and to know dat der are mor houndies wiff short tails. :paw Sterling

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Short tails are cute. Heal well, sweetheart!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor baby- prayers for a quick recovery.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Awwwwwwwwwww. Too bad!

My last dog had a really, really bad case of Happy Tail, and because he had major surgery for something else, I asked the vet to cut off the bad part. It was one of the best things I did for the poor boy! Once it healed up, it was never a problem again because the vet folded up extra skin over the tip for protection!

Lucky for Kramer, his tail was abnormally long to begin with, so he didn't have to endure any teasing at the dog park.

;)

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Our Grace had to get four inches or so amputated from her tail in April after a door incident. We had a heck of a time dealing with her messing with the bandage, though! Wish I had known about the BiteNot collar when that happened. All is well now, though we still feel terrible about her accident.

Sending fast healing vibes to Sterling!