New But Not So New

Guest Gramimi

Guest Gramimi

Hi Jeff, Trudy, Wendy and all my old greyhound friends from years ago, this is Jan.

I stopped by a week or so ago to see what you all had to say about the racetrack vote here in MA, but couldn't read it unless I was a member. So, I registered. First, let me say, Greytalk looks really great, but then again, I never expect less than that from you Jeff. I love all the new features and additions. You were always so thoughtful of what people wanted and how it appeared aesthetically to the board.

For those of you who don't know me, I was one of the original moderators here at Greytalk when Jeff first started it up back in the day. We had a lot of fun and good times when the board was young. Lots of different characters and issues to deal with. Actually, although there are a lot more members, it looks like you still have some of the same characters and lots of the same issues to deal with. God bless you all, LOLOL. Jeff, I haven't been by the old homestead in NH since you moved out, but I will always have fond memories of all the dogs running around in the back yard, and staying at your house when you were away. I loved being in that big old house by myself with the four dogs. Well, I guess that really wasn't by myself now, was it? LOL.

I had a big, beautiful, brindle boy named Jacob that stole a place in my heart forever. Sadly we lost him 3 1/2 years ago at the age of 10. It was a hurt like I'd never felt before and I swore I'd never have another dog again. I honestly don't know how some of you can do it over and over and I admire you for your outpouring of love and commitment.

The past few years have brought a lot of changes to my family. My twin daughters are both married now. One has two sons, a 2 yr. old and a 3 month old, and the other is expecting her first in January. My other daughter did things a little backwards and has a two year old little girl and is not married, but that's a story for another day, lol. She and my granddaughter live here at home with us and we absolutely LOVE it. So many of you watched my girls' grow up, go to proms and graduate high school. It's hard to believe they have babies of their own now and I'm a grandmother and a young one at that. LOL, really, I'm only 47. My husband was diagnosed with prostate cancer this year. Because of his young (for prostate cancer) age, we opted for radiation seed implants rather than removal of the prostate, and he is now cancer free. We feel very blessed and give God the glory for that outcome.

I think about Greytalk from time to time and all the wonderful people I met here. Now that I'm a registered member again, maybe I'll post once in a while to say hello and to just keep in touch.

Trudy, you were a beautiful bride and I'm so glad that you and Jeff ended up together. You make a great couple and I'm so very happy for you both.

Hope to hear from you,

Jan

Guest FrostyBottoms

Welcome back Jan...you must have been gone before I got here.

Congratulations on your grandchildren and also to your husband for beating cancer!

Hope to read more from you!

Guest FullMetalFrank

Welcome back! I remember you. I often wonder what has become of some of the old timers from when I first joined (which I think was back in '02 sometime, I ended up getting a nw account when I changed my user name.) Anyways, good to see you back!

You must have left before I got started but wanted to say it was a blessing with your dh. I am so happy for you with the wonderful family. Do you have pictures? :colgate It sounds like you could give us some greyt stories....

Welcome Back!!!!

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Welcome back! I think you were before my time too, but I remember reading your name in the "history" section of GT that Jeff wrote. Hope you visit often!

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Hi Jan. Welcome back! Pics of grandbaby would be nice. :P

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

Guest Gramimi
Hi lady :grouphug Have missed you!

Where are the pictures??????

Hi Diane, I've missed the "old group" here at GT too. I took a look at the rememberance forum and was sad to see so many names I knew from years ago. I guess that's the way it goes though when so many of them were around the same age and getting older at the same time.

Can you believe I used to be the one that did all the photo posting on this boad and now I have no clue how to post a picture, LOL. I tried to send a message to Jeff but it says I'm not allowed to use that feature...what gives with that? I'll figure it out sooner or later though.

Welcome Back! It's been a long time.

Daisy & Eli, the crazy hounds, and Bella & Zoe, the curly kitties,
and Jed (10.30.98 - 11.28.08) & Ripple (3.25.99 - 8.20.09) together again at the bridge
with Cleo-Kitty (10.8.1988 - 7.26.2007) always in my heart.

• 4 months later...