Iverhart Max- Safe For Greyhounds?

The vet wants to put my 4 on Iverhart Max because Timmy has recurring tapeworms (despite bombing the house, treating the yard, checking him daily for fleas, and using frotline plus).

Is it safe for greys? We have been using Interceptor.

Thanks guys!

Edited by GreytHoundPoet

HMMMM. As far as I know Iverheart is generic Heartgard and doesn't kill tapes.

ETA -- Looks like they just came out with a new "Max" version that does tapes too.

LOL..that's what I was just looking up. I asked my ve about sighthounds and this med and she said she's heard of no problems but I was hoping for advice from grey owners too. :)

Heartgard shouldn't be a problem either....

Hmmm...I really should have asked her why. I just kept them on interceptor and didn't think about it.

My gang was on it for over a year with no problems.

cool...thanks. :)

The adoption group Nadir and Beanie came from uses Iverhart Max for all their fosters. Hope you can get Timmy's tapeworm problem eliminated. They are so disgusting :sick My last foster Jolly had them when he came to me from the home he had been returned from.

Judy,

Mom to Greyhounds Nadir & Beanie,

and American Bulldog Bruiser.

The adoption group Nadir and Beanie came from uses Iverhart Max for all their fosters. Hope you can get Timmy's tapeworm problem eliminated. They are so disgusting :sick My last foster Jolly had them when he came to me from the home he had been returned from.

Judy,

Mom to Greyhounds Nadir & Beanie,

and American Bulldog Bruiser.

It's good to know a group uses them for fosters.

It has been a recurring problem. He's now been to 2 diff vets...been treated 4 times.... :angryfire It upsets me. I mean, he has no fleas...I check him over every night. :( Poor baby! Hoping this works.....*crosses fingers*