Just Say A Little Prayer...

Guest KyGrey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patti,

I am so sorry to read that Lee is having trouble :( I don't know what to suggest other than the beach towel. I used that for Vinnie. In fact, if I had thought that I could have sewn the ends together and been sure that they would be stable and hold, I would have done that and then thrown it over my shoulder, so I could use my hands to help him more.

hugs to you and Lee,

vr2a.jpg
Tonya, mom to May, and my angels Vinnie, Rex, Red, Chase, and Jake.

Thank you everyone for your kind thoughts and suggestions for Lee.

I have an angel who was kind enough to offer a harness that she is not using. Thank you Melissa!

Edited by KyGrey

Guest vahoundlover

We use the assistance harness that I found on NorthCoasts website. Boss wears it 24/7 and it hasn't rubbed any of his hair off and it doesn't seem to bother him at all. It's been a lifesaver for us. All slick floors are covered with rubber back mats, we use the ones that you put in front of your doors. Boss is gated off at night and when we are gone so he can't roam around the house and get hurt. Acupuncture has made a world of difference.

Sending lots of prayers. :candle

He's been sleeping a lot today. I guess the last two days at the sitter's wore him out.

It sucks to get old but I'm here for him all the way. And imagine....I adopted him sight unseen.

Here is a pic of him from the end of August of this year. This was taken before he really started slowing down all of a sudden.

LeeAug31_0002.jpg

Edited by KyGrey

He really is such a sweet and happy looking boy. Continued prayers for Lee and his mom.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending :hope to both of you!

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

How is Lee doing today?

Checking in and sending hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I tried to log on yesterday and I couldn't get to GT.

Lee seems to be getting a little stronger each day. He is still going to the sitter's house during the day while I work. In fact I am being told to bring him. He is just a sweet old man and while he will never be 3 again he is doing pretty good for turning 13 later this month.

I went to pick him up from the sitter's tonight and there he lay on a pallet in the living room and she had put a blanket over him and tucked him in. She had given him a pain pill just in case he had overdone it in the yard earlier. She said he had actually trotted a little. Her and her DH just dote on him. It's so easy to love this gentle soul.

I want to thank each and every one of you who have and are sending prayers. I am truly a believer in the power of prayer. Lee sends a low 5 (since his old joints won't let him give a high 5) to everyone. I'm sitting here almost in tears knowing that I'm part of this wonderful world of greyhounds and their people. Thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart.

Tami, I understand. I have been a little preoccupied with Lee lately too. It just scared me so bad when I got home Wednesday night and he couldn't get up after he had fallen. I hate the thought of him having to lay there for any length of time. I have no idea how long he did lay there. I can't stand the thought of any of them not being in my life but I know eventually I will have to face the fact that we all grow old.

Sending more prayers for the most handsome Lee. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.