Ember To Start Chemo Thursday

Guest EmbersDad

Guest EmbersDad

just returned from seeing dr ian. Ember's chemo is a go for thursday. he also wants me to put 5 lbs on her. he was shocked as to how skinny she was. Ember is getting 6 treatments, 3 of Adriamycin and 3 of Carboplatin. she will also get an ekg thurs morning as well. he listened to her heart tonite, and didnt detect anything out of the ordinary. wish us luck.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You got it, plus more! She'll be fine. FYI- Polli has not eaten since the chemo this morning. Before she left, she had 6 Burpdog biscuits, 3 cookies and 3 zukes. There is something in her tummy, just not enough and not what I had hoped but I kinda thought she may not eat. That's why I let her eat all that this morning.

I need to keep Polli at the weight she is at which sounds easier than done!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest EmbersDad
Good luck! Where do you have to go for the treatment?

they are doing it right at my vets office. i will drop her of at 8 am on thurs morning and should be able to pick her up later that afternoon.

Dennis did not eat for a few days after his chemo. Then he made up for it.

Polli who had been doing "OK" since the surgery and 1st chemo didn't do well yesterday after her 2nd chemo. We loaded her up on Burpdog biscuits in the morning so she had something in her.

Last night about 11PM she was into Ritz crackers and peanut butter so she had about 6 crackers with PB spread on it, then she had 1/2 can wet with 1/4 cup of kibble. So as long as she had something in her, I was pleased. Better than nothing.

Hoping that today she gets the stuff she needs!

I think giving Ember vanilla ensure is a greyt idea. I should buy some too for Polli to see if she likes it.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Guest EmbersDad
Good thoughts for you and Ember from MA. The vet wants you to put the five pounds on before treatment on Thursday?

nooo...just for general health and appearance. she is really skinny right now. im hoping to put the pounds on her over several weeks...with thanksgiving coming up...maybe i will bring her a doggie bag, lol

Guest jettcricket
Good thoughts for you and Ember from MA. The vet wants you to put the five pounds on before treatment on Thursday?

nooo...just for general health and appearance. she is really skinny right now. im hoping to put the pounds on her over several weeks...with thanksgiving coming up...maybe i will bring her a doggie bag, lol

She didn't look that bad in some of the recent videos that you posted of her. Maybe cause like on TV they say that it makes you look 10 lbs. heavier? :dunno

Good luck with her first chemo treatment!!! :)

Asia was off her food the next morning after chemo but it came back, she would "pick" at it. I then added canned food and she ate it all. If all they like is to snack then let them snack.

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest SoulsMom

Whew, I was thinking that might be a bit of a challenge before Thursday . . . . .

Guest EmbersDad

well, i dropped my baby off at 8 am. she is getting an ekg first, then an anti nausea shot, and the first doxorubicin treatment. dr ian will send her home with 4 anti nausea pills and we will go from there. i was instructed to not feed her this morning,so i hope she is hungry when she gets home. there still is a nice bit of the ground venison in the fridge. its been browned, and just needs a few seconds in the nuke to finish it. i will mix it with her kibble and canned and wet it with cool water. as long as its coole enough, i will see if she will eat it..if not...mickey d's is 5 min away :-)

Hope she does well and I also hope she eats. We are not doing well with the eating even with the anti nausea. it stinks but there aren't any options!