Jed

Please ask your vet to consider meloxicam for both pain and possible tumor control. I'd be very interested to see what s/he thinks about it. It's done wonders for our cat with the suspected cancerous toe; it might help Jed too.

Marcia

Sending prayers to both you and Jed. I have a friend who went through this same thing and now his Greyhound is as happy as a clam, running and playing on three legs like nothing ever happened.

:grouphug

pharaoh.jpg

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> LE 62663

</span></span>

<span style='font-size:10pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'> RE 126E

</span></span>

Thinking of you both :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest adoptagreyhound

We have a foster with OS, or at least it MIGHT be OS. There is a small (1%?) chance it's a bone infection so that's what they're treating for right now. He is also on Rimadyl and was on Tramadol. But we switched to Methadone a few weeks ago and the difference is astounding. He has exhibited no negative side effects of the Methadone, is eating better (actually gained weight last week!), he seems quite happy, and is even anxious to go for walks (we know he can't, but he WANTS to, which is pretty big in itself).

(Just for the record, he is 11 and has very bad arthritis in his back end so he is not a candidate for amputation.)

I can't find any information on GT about the use of Methadone to deal with major pain in a grey and I've done some other Googling about it with no luck. But it has worked for our boy and it might help yours too.

I can certainly relate to your feelings of frustration and worry. It never stops around here but this old boy is a fighter and certainly not ready to go yet. We will do what's best for him for as long as he needs us and we pray that we will "know" when it's time to let him go. That may be the hardest decision any of us ever have to face.

:grouphug

Guest gottaluvgreysindy

Sending hugs and prayers. My boy was dx with osteo too. I signed him up for SS anyway, but your thought did cross my mind and I thought "NO, I have faith and I'm doing it" Faith is what has brought us 26 months post diagnosis and it is what keeps me going. I know exactly how you feel. God Bless, lean on Him and have faith.

Thinking about you and Jed sending loads of prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:grouphug to you and Jed and all who are going through this. It feels like this disease cannot be escaped when it comes to our greys.

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

My girl was on tramadol & meloxicam & I also added gabapentin (neurotonin) & pepcid & sucralfate (both protect the stomach from NSAID damage). You can also try adding artemisinin. Some have found it to be helpful in slowing the tumor progression.

Many :grouphug to you & Jed.

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis