Alimony Has A Swollen Wrist.

I noticed a slight swelling in her wrist a day or two ago. It was so slight I thought maybe I was imagining it. Today I am definitely not imagining it. She doesn't limp or favor that leg at all, she acts totally normal, but the swelling scares me as I've learned that the distal radius is a common tumor site... and that's about where this swelling is located.

She is getting an Xray this afternoon.

gallery_4518_2903_2157.jpg
~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Guest wmlcml6

Prayers for mama.

Aimee, I'm sure the vet will give you advice on whatever is wrong, but you can't go wrong with soaking the ankle in warm water and a cup or two of epsom salt. Use a large can if you can, otherwise, a small bucket or cut the top off a gallon milk jug. Should reduce the swelling if it's just normal inflammation from overdoing it or something similar.

Guest boondog

I know this is difficult, but try not to panic. I know two dogs that have had lumps exactly like this that turned out to be nothing more than an infection. Best of luck!

Guest tampagreymom

My girlie had this too on her front leg and I finally realized it was from jumping out of my SUV on to the ground. The vet said she might have a weakness there so now she uses a ramp to get out of the car. Her wrist would swell up and she would not put weight on it. Good thoughts for your Alimony.

:goodluck

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

Sending my prayers and chanting....This is NOTHING! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Well we're home and we have a tentative diagnosis, pending inspection of the xrays by our regular vet on Monday...

Alimony suffers from Mitties Elephantitis, exacerbated by an environmental condition called Panicky Mommytriosis, treated by a non-anesthetic outpatient surgical extraction of $117 from my bank account, with a followup administration of one very dry vodka martini with olive garnish.

:rolleyes::lol

The upshot is, the xrays showed nothing that the vet could see (other than Ali has big feet), but she will show them to our regular vet on Monday when he's in the office again. She agreed, the joint looks a little larger on Ali's left leg than the right, but since she's not favoring it at all, and the xrays appear clear, there is no treatment currently suggested.

I am a big ol' worry wart. I am also very very relieved, and will be even more so when I hear the same thing from our regular vet on Monday.

Thank you for everyone's good thoughts. Maybe they really do help sometimes... :)

Edited by ZoomDoggy

~Aimee, with Flower, Alan, Queenie, & Spodee Odee! And forever in my heart: Tipper, Sissy, Chancy, Marla, Dazzle, Alimony, and Boo. This list is too damned long.

Alimony suffers from Mitties Elephantitis, exacerbated by an environmental condition called Panicky Mommytriosis, treated by a non-anesthetic outpatient surgical extraction of $117 from my bank account, with a followup administration of one very dry vodka martini with olive garnish.

Well thank goodness her mommy has such a good sense of humor! :lol

I'm so glad the vet thinks it's nothing to worry about. Now breathe and enjoy that adult beverage.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Someone I know found a swelling on her boy's front leg that threw her into a complete panic. X-rays revealed that it was a hairline fracture. An OLD, HEALED hairline fracture that had probably happened before she ever adopted him! It just took her two years to notice it and freak out. :rolleyes:

Glad Alimony's okay.

Rugrat's Rebel (Simon) 09/03/1995-03/22/2010, Silly Savannah 05/14/1995-02/13/2009, Isabella de Moreau the Sloughi 05/15/1993-10/14/2008, Hammy the IG 06/11/04 and ChiChi the Chihuahua 2003

Ok Sweet Alimony...NO MORE SCARES ok sweetie? :wub:

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ah, yes, a bad case of owner panic. I've had that a time or seven myself.

I'm glad Alimony is fine. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I was scared at the start of the thread but now I'm smiling. I bet Panicky Mommy is too :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Been there. Done That! I think thats why my vet loves me so much. Glad all is well.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

All right. This is NOT my imagination. Today her wrist is more swollen than ever. At least I know the xrays are clear. But for sure, there's some soft-tissue injury or something going on. The whole inside of her wrist is quite puffy now. :( Though she still doesn't limp at all, nor is her range of movement affected, she does tense up a little when I touch the swollen area.

I am going to start restricting her activity (that ought to be an adventure for my busy-busy-girlie :rolleyes: ) and epsom salt soaks, which I should have started last week but allowed myself to believe the vet that there was nothing wrong.. <_<

Oh ALimony....you know you are driving your mom crazy!!

I hope the swelling goes down.... :hope

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021