New From Spain

Guest HASIandASHA

Guest HASIandASHA

Hi everyone!

I've been some time around seeing the website and thought about saying hello to all of you. it's a very interesting website, i love talking about greyths and share information, pics...

We are just 3 humans in the family the other 10 members are our pretty boys & girls!

3 adopted greyhounds retired from hunting, 2 afghan hounds, 1 adopted italian greyhound, 2 adopted blod hounds, 1 podenco, 1 dachshund. Everyone have their own story.

Maybe sounds strange to you but let me just say thank you very much for loving greyths so much and taking care of them the way you do, the pictures says it all!.

See ya around!

Edited by HASIandASHA

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest hamiesmom

A big wonderful warm hello from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It sounds like you have quite the family and, thank you, to you for adopting all your wonderful hounds.

Guest HASIandASHA

Hi everyone!!!!

What a surprise!!! thank you all!!!

I'll try to attach the pictures of my boys hope you like them.

Galgomum great to hear you still have adopted greyhounds from Spain, they live such a sad and crude reality here. The 3 human members of my family fight against galgo's abuse, we are very involved in rescue and adoptions, and oh my, it's so sad the stories you find. Sadly more than 50.000 galgos are killed every year when the hunting season is over, and we among with other organizations in Spain are fighting to ban the greyhound hunting but the goverment don't say much about it, unfortunately we don't have a good law to portect animals, so the fight is hard but we never give up. Actually we do have 2 afghan hounds for adoption, they are not the first ones we have, this year we have already given on adoption 3 affies, we are private organization, but the only one dedicated to sighthound's recue, all kinds.

If anyone of you would like to read about their story, our boys and see some stuff from Spain you are always welcome to enter our blog at : http://hasiandashaenglish.blogspot.com.

Hope you like the pictures :P if you don't mind I'll tell you some about their story.

This is HASI, our little girl, spanish galgo, adopted, almost 3 years old, she's been with us since she was 8 months old.

she was rescued among her mom and brothers from the street, they were in panic, and HASI is very afraid of everything, they used to be in front of a school and people used to throw things at them, kick'em etc...HASI has lost most part of his tail, we don't know the reason, her brothers do also have missing parts in their tails. She was our first adoption.

DSC07347.JPG

This is ASHA. Mixed Spanish galgo/English greyhound, 9 years old now, she's been with us since she was 5. She is retired from hunting and she was just going to be killed, the sentence was simply, or you take the dog or i will kill her. She was so anxious when she came home, we had to treat her, because she would not sleep or stop walking around the house...

DSC07409.JPG

SHYBA our first afghan hound, pretty female, very lovely, she is not rescued or adopted. She's simply afghan, lol.

DSC07241.JPG

DSC07475.JPG

AMELIE the little Italian Greyhound, we did adopt her because one of our customer didn't want her anymore in spite of being 3 months. She used to be alone for about 12 hours, so i am not suprised about the fact she did bite everything at home, but she was just a puppy. She is 1 year old now.

6.jpg

PRINCIPE (Prince) the grandpa, lol. He has been so much abused. We think he must be around 10 years old now. A very good friend of mine rescued him and he was there in her rescue center. Nobody asked for him, no one wanted to adopt him, he was too old, thin, ugly, some dumb & blind, was hitted by a car, he was living in the streets... you can see the scars all around his body, the vet was so surprised by checking all his wounds and scars... he needed surgery 6 times in one of the back legs to get it fixed...

DSC04056.JPG

NESKA the podenco, female 1 year old, i found her in the road when driving my car, and just stopped the car, sit down in the road and called her, it took me some time but finally she came to me, very afraid and shy, opened the car's door and rove her home... she is afraid of everything, but when she gets to know you, she can't stop kissing...

DSC04048.JPG

PIN & PON blood hounds brothers, found them in a forest near home, when coming back from work, late at night, i did hear a noise in the darkness, i could not see anything, just walked in, firstly thought maybe was the noise of a cat, but then i saw them both, in the ground, i guess they were about 1 month old, left there to die, so small, crying and crying, no doubt i took them and went home, they were so small they both were travelling in my sportsbag...

DSC07435.JPG

DSC07456.JPG

pinpon1.jpg

pinpon2.jpg

pinpon3.jpg

MAPLE, the dachshund, 5 years old. was love at first sight. It was by the time i came home from Canada, where i was living for some time, and she was there in a pet store, by herself lay down in the newspapers, so small. I used to go to the store every day to see her, touch her, just took me one week to take her home, lol. Her name is just because i'm in love with Canada, and just like a lot the leaf on the flag...lol

DSC05106.JPG

DSC07163.JPG

YVRES the baby of the family, female afghan hound, 3 months old, she was a gift from a good friend of us and we just love her, she is so cute...

thump_1360450dsc07709.jpg

I am sorry i think the post it's too long, but i guess i have a big family :lol

regards

What a kind hearted soul you have...you family is simply amazing. I am so touched by each story and the love you have for them. Thank you for sharing...and welcome from Ontario, Canada from someone who loves the name Maple.

Jan

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Thank you for sharing the pictures and stories- they all look so beautiful!! You and your family sound like very kind and courageous people (but I think all GT ppl are heh :D ). Welcome to GT!! :gh_bow

I have a dachshund and greyhound (I'm a new greyhound owner).

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Welcome from Maryland!

It certainly sounds like you have a very lively household and a huge heart to open your home to such wonderful creatures. You know the :rules around here are mandatory :digicam of your crew (humans optional :lol:lol )

what a beautiful family :blush

Edited by Lilysmom

Praying for all the missing greys!

Your family is beautiful! I am excited to see yet another person with Galgos...and on the frontlines...because there is so little information! Our boy (Argos) came over from Scooby 2 weeks ago...so he is a new addition and we love him!

Guest HASIandASHA

I just could add the pictures i have in this computer but as introduction i think they are not too bad...

Hey Jan thank you for your message i had a good laugh here, because everyone here look at me as something strange when i say the dog's name lol but i just love it. What about you? how many?

Lilysmom i think we met in the chatroom before but thank you again :P

Tgrrrvalily, sounds great, i know what it's like to have dachshunds and greyhounds together lol. Good luck!

To be honest this is my firs dachshund ever, but she is so lovely, just fell i love with her, HeatherDemps i guess you must be more used to them than me, but like them a lot.

It's exciting to me as well ,GreythoundPoet, to find people overseas with spanish galgos. We keep in touch with Scooby medina because me, my wife and mother in law are very involved in galgo's rescue here in Spain. It's so great Argos found a loving home there, where he will get the life he deserve. If you want or need any kind of information, or want to know something just ask, whatever it's in my hand i will do it ;)

thank you all for your messages, it's great to be here, i think i finally found the perfect place!

regards

James

:welcome2 Hi and welcome from Southern California!

You have a beautiful family!! Thank you for sharing each dog's story......they are all so very interesting. It's nice to hear directly from someone who is working to help the galgos in Spain.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Welcome from Maryland!!

Thanks for sharing AND for caring!!! And we'll NEVER be tired of pix of your family so post away!!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Guest HASIandASHA

thank you much!

For sure you will be seeing more pics i love sharing our dogs with everyone. and also love to see your dog's pictures. i read post and see pictures they are all so beautiful you never get tired.

It's so great to be in touch with people loving and caring so much for greyts and sighthounds.

It's a great place, i think i'll be posting much ;)

So we see around, or maybe sometime in the chatroom, lol.

regards

James

Edited by HASIandASHA

Guest Javagirl

Hi James!! Welcome! Your family is so beautiful and it is so wonderful to meet the volunteers who struggle for the beautiful hounds in Spain. Where do you live? My sister lives in Sitges and I keep trying to convince her to get involved in the Galgo effort.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and please come back soon with more!

Kristyn and Laddie