Introducing Josey!

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Hi! I am Camille. I was recently referred to GT by Maddison, of Stinkerbelle's Sweaters. We got Josey (formerly Eva) through a local rescue group here in North Hollywood, Thumpin' Tails. She is not a retired racer (no tattoos) and was found starving on the streets somewhere out near Diamond Bar, CA. At the time she was picked up she weighed less than 35 lbs. and had wounds from being attacked by other dogs. They rescued her from the pound the day she was scheduled to be put down, and less than one month later she was our new baby. The vet says she's about 1.5 years old and her coloring is odd for a Greyhound, but that they can truly be any color. I had been stalking around on Petfinder.com for years looking for just the right pup, but I didn't have any real standards other than it be smallish. I just figured I would know when I saw the right fit, and I could convince the husband to come meet a dog. One day in May, I found her. She was not at all what I was looking for but she had eyes that just stole my soul.

I think you should know how long I had been pining for a puppers of my own. For at least 4 years, I had been trying to convince my boyfriend/now husband that we needed a dog. He never really had one when he was growing up. He was happy with just our cats Twinkie and Scout, who by the way have been just awesome, putting up with having a dog move in, race around the house like her feet are on fire, sniff their butts like she doing an exam after they have been outside, steal their toys, and gobble up their food. Anyhow, after years of literally driving him nuts with my talk of "dog" he finally agreed to go with me to meet this dog, with no promises. He had a few "rules" he wanted to put in place first. It had to be a small dog, it had to stay outside, not on the furniture ever...Yeah. I think you know how that turned out. Well, we went to meet her, she literally climbed into my husband's lap, and the rest is history. Josey has stolen Cliff's soul too. She is a total Velcro dog that follows me everywhere, but she sure does love her Daddy too and delights in trying to find new ways to get him to laugh at her.

In the 5 months we have had her she has totally rocked our world. She came to us a shy and very skinny girl She now weighs a healthy 51 lbs. (she is a tiny hound) and looks just beautiful. She is getting over her fear of the hose and oven mitts, and the vacuum still makes her uneasy, but we can go into the big dog side of the park now, and she is totally bombproof when it comes to fireworks. She gets to go to the doggiepark and run 4-5 times a week (until I had one I never had any idea how exhilarating it is to watch a hound in full flight) and we take her everywhere we can. She loves to ride in the Jeep, go hiking and camping, and perhaps best of all...she loves people. I mean she really loves people! She needs to meet every person in the dog park the minute they come in. When we go hiking she has to greet everyone that passes us on the trail. She will let complete strangers come up to her and give her hugs and kisses. And she just adores children. She is our perfect child along with our two kitties and we wouldn't have it any other way. Josey is my first hound, my heart hound, and she most definitely won't be my last.

I have also done tons of research on these wonderful animals, and have brought up the idea of fostering greyhounds, but I don't think that the hubby is quite ready for that.

Anyway, I have rambled enough...I just feel like I have found a place where I can talk dog without people looking at me like I am deranged.

Meet Josey:

IMG00073-2.jpg

Congrats and Welcome. That is some story and Josie is a BEAUTIFUL girl.

Best wishes for a long, happy and healthy life together.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Welcome, your new hound is beautiful!

med_gallery_14228_2915_582.jpg
Roberta & Michael with Furkids- Flower (Shasta Flowers 6/7/06) & Rascal the kitty - Missing our sweet angels - Max(M's Mad Max) 10/12/02 - 12/3/15, Sara (Sara Raves 6/30/01 - 4/13/12) Queenie & Pandora the kitties - gone but never forgotten

welcome to gt! we're in torrance.

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

I'm sure that even in Hollywood, you two make a splash walking down those glamorous streets! She's a looker (maybe a touch of dobie to get that neat coloring?)

Congrats and welcome to the place you were looking for, for sure! :lol Talk dogs aaaaallllll you want! ;)

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Thanks so much for the welcomes!

Yeah, I think she may have a touch of dobie too, but her personality is 110% hound. She is almost cat-like, never barks unless she's playing (our neighbors had no idea we got a dog until they saw me walking her or putting her in the car), and she dances and roo's for her dinner. And she runs with that double suspension gallop like nobody's business! :o

And you would think that possibly having a bit of dobie would make her a good guard dog? nah...she's just happy to have new visitors! Someone might give her treats!

Her coloring is neat! Her ears, parts of her chest and very faintly on her legs are brindle, and it's hard to see in that photo, but she has a blueish mask

Edited by LoveMyJoseyBean

She's exquisite! :wub: What a lucky girl she is to have you. Welcome Josey!

(PS Would love to see her in her Stinkerbelle sweater. ;) )

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

Welcome to GreyTalk from the other side of the country (Maine). :welcome Josey is just gorgeous and has the most beautiful coloring! :wub: :wub: :wub: She seems to have found the perfect home - I think you were meant to be together. Looking forward to more photos of Josey and stories about her adventures.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Another welcome from New Jersey! What a beautiful girl....I also think we need more pictures......

Pam with Sockem the GH, Birdie the JRT, Osorno the chocolate lab, and Shelby the shepherd mix. Missing Clarice (1991-2007) and Lily (2004-2012), always in our hearts.

Guest LoveMyJoseyBean

Thanks everyone, such a nice welcome. And a special thank you to Maddison :)

It really does feel like she was meant to be with me...She is such a love, I still can't believe she's actually mine. I am probably just as excited to see her when I get home from work as she is to see me :inlove