Coco_bobo's Introduction

Guest coco_bobo

Guest coco_bobo

Hi my name is Bob from Houston, Tx. I have been lurking for a while, so I thought I would introduce myself. My dog is Reggie, a 5 1/2 red fawn male. He's been wonderful since I adopted him from Fast K9's (http://www.fastk9s.org/) in Webster, Tx.

Here's a picture of him:

2408285023_fbeb432531.jpg

Anyways, it's really nice to see a community like this online, I look forward to posting here!

More pictures from a FastK9's get together:

Fastk9's on my Flickr page

Guest coco_bobo

Hi Everyone, my screen name is a bit unique :) My cousins call me coco (although not pronounced that way, because it means cousin or brother in Cantonese even though I am not Cantonese, I am a from a different Chinese language group) And my other cousins call me Bob-O, because they like to stick "O" at the end of names. One day they combined them and called me coco bobo (just like its pronounced). Anyways, Reggie has been so wonderful for the past six months, ever since a chance meeting at Pet's Mart.

He's quiet and really shy around other people, but loves squirrels! Recently I had to take his collar off every time he's in the house because he sometimes scratches his neck and face with his front paws and inevitably he gets one of his claws stuck in the ring of the collar and screams for me! Has this happened with anyone else?

I don't know what else to say. Oh yeah, my gf hated dogs before meeting Reggie! She still doesn't like other dogs, but at least she like greyhounds (what's not to like!)

:welcome Hi and welcome from So Cal! Reggie sure is one handsome guy.

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest Morgaynn
Recently I had to take his collar off every time he's in the house because he sometimes scratches his neck and face with his front paws and inevitably he gets one of his claws stuck in the ring of the collar and screams for me! Has this happened with anyone else?

Yup. Happened to me the other day.. GSOD is awful (greyhound scream of death) I liked to have jumped through the ceiling when she did it. After Dh and I got her untangled from her collar we started discussing the possibility of having her dewclaws removed at some point. Heres the link to the thread reguarding that very thing: Dew Claws

Try just using a tag collar in the house, just in case of an unplanned escape, which happens more than we like to think. You can go to the merchandise section and most collar makers here make tag collars. They are a lot smaller and no catching the nails in them.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest coco_bobo

Thanks for the tips ya'll! I will look into getting a tag collar, but getting the dew claws removed seems painful, especially since Reggis is older (5.5 years). That GSoD certainly scared me the first time it happened, I stayed up, sitting next to him for the whole night!