Hello From De

JAJ2010

My husband and I just got our application approved with http://www.greytexpectations.org/

And are waiting for them to get a new batch of pups in this Saturday. Hopefully we will be able to find our perfect match! We are located in Wilmington DE. Anyone else nearby? Greyhounds are a new breed to us so we are learning lots.

------

Jessica

I am not local, but congratulations on the approval! I hope you find one this weekend!

Thanks! I hope we can find the right one this weekend too! The waiting is killing us. LOL

Congrats! And welcome to GreyTalk from Maine :):welcome2

Thanks. Beautiful Sig.

Congratulations and Hi from Arizona! Can't wait to see photos!

Arizona! I am jealous of your weather. :) Thanks for the warm welcome

------

Jessica

Hi & Congrats! I am from Felton, DE and a Greyt Expectations volunteer! :D

Jessica

I never imagined I would find someone from the very same adoption program! I guess this forum is bigger than I thought, or it's just a small world. :) Everyone there has been so nice so far. I've have never done anything with an adoption agency before. Previously our pets have always been strays that have wandered into our lives at the right moment. I was worried because I've always heard horror stories about how rescues make you jump through hoops, etc. Everyone has been so helpful and down to earth. I'm currently waiting for a call from the mysterious 'Dog Matcher' but several people have mentioned that the new dogs are coming in on Saturday. I'm not sure if I can make it down there on Saturday AM since I live 3hrs and 30 mins away. I'm trying to get a friend to pick up stuff at a Church for me at 10am, so I don't have to be in town. :) Do you know if all the dogs usually get adopted right away?

------

Jessica

Guest GREYTGLITTER

Welcome from Magnolia, DE :welcome

Lived in Wilmington until 3 years ago and then moved to CT when husband got transferred. Moved back to DE 3 months ago

We're very happy to be back in DE :yay

Can't wait to see pics when you get your grey.

Jessica

I never imagined I would find someone from the very same adoption program! I guess this forum is bigger than I thought, or it's just a small world. :) Everyone there has been so nice so far. I've have never done anything with an adoption agency before. Previously our pets have always been strays that have wandered into our lives at the right moment. I was worried because I've always heard horror stories about how rescues make you jump through hoops, etc. Everyone has been so helpful and down to earth. I'm currently waiting for a call from the mysterious 'Dog Matcher' but several people have mentioned that the new dogs are coming in on Saturday. I'm not sure if I can make it down there on Saturday AM since I live 3hrs and 30 mins away. I'm trying to get a friend to pick up stuff at a Church for me at 10am, so I don't have to be in town. :) Do you know if all the dogs usually get adopted right away?

And then there is me - who worked up your adoption application. :rolleyes::lol

Mom to Melly and Dani

Greyhound Bridge Angels - Jessie, Brittne, Buddy,

Red, Chica, Ford and Dodge.

Guest BackUptheTruck

Jessica

Big forum AND a small world! :lol Welcome to GreyTalk! :welcome2

No way! LOL I talked to you on the phone. :lol Planning on driving down to the farm on 10/4 to see if we can find a compatible pup. We are both so excited, we can hardly wait. Poor cats have no clue they will soon have to share their 'space' I was given this forum address by the same friend who suggest I look into getting a greyhound. She mainly just reads, can't post here because her email address isn't accepted. I had to use my work email. This place seems to be a wealth of info.

Can't wait to see pics when you get your grey.

You guys may be sorry you requested pictures. :P I tend to be a little picture crazy

------

Jessica

Hi & welcome from Maryland! Hope you find the perfect pup for you on the 4th! Do you know about Dewey Beach's greyhound event? It's that following weekend (COlumbus Day weekend) down in Rehoboth & Dewey - LOTS of fun & TONS of greys there!!

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Hi and welcome from Marydel, DE. We now have our 3rd GH, and his gf a JRT. Many happy years with your new pupper. Hope you find one that you fall head over heels in love with. I know we have, 3 diffeernt GH's.

Nan

Hi & welcome from Maryland! Hope you find the perfect pup for you on the 4th! Do you know about Dewey Beach's greyhound event? It's that following weekend (COlumbus Day weekend) down in Rehoboth & Dewey - LOTS of fun & TONS of greys there!!

I'm toying with the idea of taking a car trip to Dewey..... It'll be just after we get our pup, so we will have to see how well adjusted she is. Honestly the Dewey thing seems a little daunting to me! lol We're definitely planning on going next year! Maybe even getting a room so we can stay for the entire weekend.

------

Jessica