My Goofy Boy Roo

Nalian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you guys. I have been surprised at how hard this has hit me. I mean I knew I'd be upset but I think that I spent so long telling myself not to think about it until I have to - it's just such a sharp sting. I can't believe how ingrained my habits with Roo were, and I find myself missing even his obnoxious nail chewing habit, and his giant sighs he would let out to remind me that I wasn't paying attention to him.

I feel more comfortable with the decision already. I just miss him.

Thank you guys. I have been surprised at how hard this has hit me. I mean I knew I'd be upset but I think that I spent so long telling myself not to think about it until I have to - it's just such a sharp sting. I can't believe how ingrained my habits with Roo were, and I find myself missing even his obnoxious nail chewing habit, and his giant sighs he would let out to remind me that I wasn't paying attention to him.

I feel more comfortable with the decision already. I just miss him.

I know what you mean. I miss Raisin and all her "stuff". I know I made the right decision. Still doesn't make it feel better. Take care. :f_white

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

We're never ready even when we know the time is right. I am so sorry.

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Well it has been just over a week and a half. I have to say that the unbearable pain I was in before has definitely faded some, even in just this short time. I am still reminded daily that he's not here anymore, but I'm starting to be okay with that. As okay as you can be, anyway.

Coming home from work has to be one of the worst times. Often when I'd get off of my motorcycle, goofball would have his face in the window watching me, and I could see his tail going. I have to make myself consciously think now to not look for him, which isn't easy. I'm still finding myself anxious at night around the time when I'd take him for a walk normally. I'm just used to there being something I have to do and it feels weird to not have it. Sometimes I still find myself straining to hear his nails clicking on the floor or I'll turn to look for him on the couch.

I wish there was a fast forward button for emotions.

I am so sorry, he was the sweetest boy. We'll never forget him and I'm sure he'll never forget Quiet Man, but for the wrong reasons I'm afraid ;):rolleyes:

f_yellow:gh_run

Forever in my heart: my girl Raspberry & my boys Quiet Man, Murphy, Ducky, Wylie & Theo
www.greyhoundadventures.org & www.greyhoundamberalert.org & www.duckypaws.com

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

I'm so sorry

and honestly a fast forward button wouldn't help. It's the pain and sorrow we all must go through. Basically it is in place for us to know just how much we really loved with the amount of pain we feel from the loss.

I know you don't believe in a higher power but there is just no way these souls are gone forever, they are much to precious.

:grouphug

I am so sorry for your loss. :candle

Godspeed Roo run with all the angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Aww, Nalian, I am so sorry, hugs to you and Veda

I just saw this thread and I apologize for being so late. My confession is I rarely come in to Remembrance because it hurts so much, but I know now how much it helps to have those hugs and comfort from your friends.

Your Roo stories always made me laugh.

We will see you later Roo.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest EmbersDad

farewell roo, run free and send your mommy a sign. i know you dont believe in a higher power, but remember the 1st law of thermodynamics. energy cannot be created or destroyed, it just changes form. everything that made roo...well, roo....is still out there. that energy just changed form and you will see or feel it again. it may be in a rainbow, or a light passing breeze where you swear you catch his scent, but his energy is out there.

Some days are definitely easier than others. Today I started off working from home again, and all I could think about was Mr. Puppyhead. I'm not sure why we started calling him that - he was 6 years old when we got him and already an old man in a lot of ways. Roo was never big on playing with toys - especially ones that squeaked. I remember when we Roo a few screaming monkeys when they were all the rage here on GT. Roo thought it was fun to play with at first - but once the monkey screamed, he looked very apologetic at the monkey.and wouldn't bite him anymore. That continued to be a theme for Roo with any squeaky toy.

Thank you guys again for the support. It's nice to have an outlet to be able to express this loss to..so many people just don't understand. Roo was such a sweetheart, everyone loved him. I just had to tell the gal at the kennel he would go to sometimes that he is gone now, and she started crying, which sent me off again. I still can't bring myself to go through his box of winter jackets and other miscellaneous items. I figure that the strength will come to me when it's right. Or I'll force myself to do it and get some things donated. I'm sure there's another greyhound out there that could use a chinese-food print housecoat, or good ol' QuietMan's old PJs. ;)

I still really miss you buddy, and I hope that you're happy wherever you are.

0905roohead.jpg