Lump On Rythum's Rt Rib Cage

Guest AzLazyHounds

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AzLazyHounds

We had a rough day at the vet. When the vet first saw/felt the lump, she said, "not good." Round of Xrays & blood work ordered. The film shows a large mass that completely blocks out 2 ribs from all angles. We will know more Monday or Tuesday. All we can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

She appears not to be in any noticable pain, still panting a bit, but mostly scrunching up her bed & our beach towels to get comfortable.

We had a rough day at the vet. When the vet first saw/felt the lump, she said, "not good." Round of Xrays & blood work ordered. The film shows a large mass that completely blocks out 2 ribs from all angles. We will know more Monday or Tuesday. All we can do is hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

She appears not to be in any noticable pain, still panting a bit, but mostly scrunching up her bed & our beach towels to get comfortable.

I was afraid of that. If you need someone to talk with about that, PM me. We were just there last January and February.

Marcia in SC

Guest AzLazyHounds

Sometimes hope & happy thoughts are all we need to get us thru... I have to believe in miracles. :hope:candle I wish you could see her tonight... And most of you have probably seen the same or similar. We went out fo dinner and upon our return, both hounds (Daylight & Rythum) are waiting for us, as I walked around the corner, both butts in the air, tails a wagging, front paws stretched out in front of them as far as they could go, and both whining, "come here, come here" for snuggles. Nothing better in my book than my two girls greeting us home. Made me forget that Rythum had any problem for a few seconds... Keep the prayers coming.

My heart sunk when I read this update :cry1. Being tuned into Rythum's behavior and using your maternal instinct despite what you were initially told was the best thing. You are staying strong and hopeful and in the end, this is most important no matter what the days and months bring. :grouphug Sending tons of white light your way. :hope

Sometimes hope & happy thoughts are all we need to get us thru... I have to believe in miracles. :hope:candle I wish you could see her tonight... And most of you have probably seen the same or similar. We went out fo dinner and upon our return, both hounds (Daylight & Rythum) are waiting for us, as I walked around the corner, both butts in the air, tails a wagging, front paws stretched out in front of them as far as they could go, and both whining, "come here, come here" for snuggles. Nothing better in my book than my two girls greeting us home. Made me forget that Rythum had any problem for a few seconds... Keep the prayers coming.

Prayers and white light coming from our house to yours. :hope

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Continued good thoughts from us :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest AzLazyHounds

Hey everyone. I have been staring at this reply box and having a tough time getting thru it. The results are back and it is cancer. Options are limited, treatment sounds awful. This lump appeared so damn fast. I have rubbed both her sides up and down vigorously every single day she has been with us cuz she loves it. How did we I miss it, how did I not know, is there anything we could have done to know earlier and if we did would it make a difference. I am angry and totally helpless.

She is resting comfortably right now... Left paw over her nose looking adorable.

Oh geez......what are the options? Has it spread at all? I'm guessing they mentioned surgery and removing some of the ribs if it hasn't spread.

Sending you lots of prayers at this difficult time.....don't beat yourself up, you were only going by what the vets were telling you....unfortunately this type of cancer is getting all too common. I too initially was told it's nothing but in my heart I knew something was wrong.....

Please consider joining the yahoo group circle of grey, I found it very supportive.......

hugs......

Hey everyone. I have been staring at this reply box and having a tough time getting thru it. The results are back and it is cancer. Options are limited, treatment sounds awful. This lump appeared so damn fast. I have rubbed both her sides up and down vigorously every single day she has been with us cuz she loves it. How did we I miss it, how did I not know, is there anything we could have done to know earlier and if we did would it make a difference. I am angry and totally helpless.

She is resting comfortably right now... Left paw over her nose looking adorable.

I'm really sorry to hear the diagnosis :(

I felt the same as you when Darcy was diagnosed with osteo. She had literally had NO symptoms until the very day her leg broke. She had no limp - no nothing but I wondered, after the diagnosis, how I could have missed such a thing. The fact is though, sometimes, no matter how vigilant we are, these things come up in the blink of an eye and there's nothing we could have done differently :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest FrostyBottoms

Oh no! I'm so sorry! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Enjoy every moment you have with your precious girl.

Don't blame yourself for not finding it sooner, it appeared so fast.

:(

I'm so sorry to hear the diagnosis.

I honestly don't think there's anything you could have done differently. If it's not there, you can't find it, can you?

Sending best thoughts to you and your sweet pupper.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I am so sorry. Sending my prayers and my heart. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

This is awful. I'm so sorry. FWIW, these tumors seem to come quickly out of nowhere. When there's no more room to grow inside, they appear on the outside and by then they're big. :(

To repeat what others have said, you did nothing wrong.

You didn't say what kind of cancer, but is there any chance of trying intralesional chemo?

Marcia in SC