Lump On Rythum's Rt Rib Cage

Guest AzLazyHounds

Guest AzLazyHounds

Our grey has a new large lump on her rt side near her rib cage. We have been experiencing huge Monsoon storms and Rythum really hates thunder storms... heavy panting, shaking and staying really close to us for lovin & protection. Is it possible, she has pulled a muscle? It is the size of a 1/4 of an orange (like if you sliced it in vertical pc's rather than sections). It doesn't move with the skin, & she doesn't seem to mind when we touch it.

Since we are still having storms, we cannot tell if her panting is increased & related to the storms or the lump, but when she lies down, she seems fine. Eating, Drinking... all seem normal when weather clears.

Of course we are taking her to the vet, but what questions would you ask? Opinions? Comments?

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's an odd place to pull a muscle. :( Your vet will probably want to do an x-ray and/or a needle aspiration of the lump. Hoping it's nothing serious. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest MorganKonaAlex

Morgan, our tripod, slipped on our kitchen floor last year and we think he hit the corner of the wall. He had a hematoma on his rib cage that looked like a half orange under his skin. It was odd enough looking the Vet aspirated it twice. Blood tests indicated he had torn muscle. Rib x-rays were negative.

Sending prayers. Please let us know what your vet has to say. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Get to the vet for some xrays.....I lost my Trevor to OS of the ribs....large lump just appeared, didn't move, didn't seem to bother him...turned out to be OS. Hoping that's not your case....

If it's just beyond the ribs on the right side and you can't feel the same thing on the left, it may be the spleen - I found it on an anatomy chart.

We've been wondering the same thing. Miles has lost so much weight being sick that it's easy to feel. I'm keeping an eye on it to see any changes.

But yea...it may be the spleen and you just haven't felt it yet.

Guest AzLazyHounds

Thanks everyone... Jerrybird - yes, it just appeared suddenly over the last 2 days. I can't imagine we missed it as Rythum is very affectionate and loves to be rubbed.

Guest TBSFlame
Get to the vet for some xrays.....I lost my Trevor to OS of the ribs....large lump just appeared, didn't move, didn't seem to bother him...turned out to be OS. Hoping that's not your case....

Same here. Beecher had a lump that didn't move. Turned out to be os of the rib. Don't delay. Hope it is nothing.

Same here. Beecher had a lump that didn't move. Turned out to be os of the rib. Don't delay. Hope it is nothing.

Please go have it checked. I noticed a little bump on Flossie's rib, it is hard and doesn't seem to bother her. I took her to the Vet's Monday and had her examined and x-rayed, also had chest x-rays. She has OS of the rib, and has moved to her lungs :(

gallery_1200_2898_10946.jpg

Sending my prayers and warm white light. Please update us as you can. Hug Rythum for me. :grouphug Chanting this is "nothing" :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Any updates?

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Please go have it checked. I noticed a little bump on Flossie's rib, it is hard and doesn't seem to bother her. I took her to the Vet's Monday and had her examined and x-rayed, also had chest x-rays. She has OS of the rib, and has moved to her lungs

Oh crap! I'm so very sorry. :cry1 Sending prayers to Flossie... :hope

Any update on Rythum?

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest AzLazyHounds

OK, We just got back from the vet and it appears to be a hematoma. (BIG WHEW!) The sample showed a good number of white cells, so we have a script of antibiotics, and the sample also was not clotting real well, so something to keep our eye on. It should absorb if no infection. If it does not appear to be going down or getting worse, we will bring Rythum back in. :colgate We have some photos, so as soon as I figure out how to post...

Thanks for all the prayers & happy thoughts. Reading about OS and all the other possibilities really had me worried.

OK, We just got back from the vet and it appears to be a hematoma. (BIG WHEW!) The sample showed a good number of white cells, so we have a script of antibiotics, and the sample also was not clotting real well, so something to keep our eye on. It should absorb if no infection. If it does not appear to be going down or getting worse, we will bring Rythum back in. :colgate We have some photos, so as soon as I figure out how to post...

Thanks for all the prayers & happy thoughts. Reading about OS and all the other possibilities really had me worried.

Oh good! That's great news, I can only imagine what possibilities must have been going through your mind.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014