Good Thoughts For Joey Please

Guest houndlover

Guest houndlover

Joey, the greyhound mix that I am fostering, is going in for his dental and neuter tomorrow. I will be a wreck all day tomorrow until I know he is okay. He is a cryptorchid (sp), so his surgery won't just be a quick neuter. I am sure that he will be fine but any good thoughts that you could send Joey's way would be greatly appreciated.

Guest houndlover
That's my favorite name in the whole world

Mine too. He reminds me of Joey from "Friends". Everytime I look at him I half expect him to say "How you doin'?" :lol

Oh, you got it! That is a little scarier than usual, but hey, maybe kinda like a spay, right? :P Let us know when he's out, home, and giving you drooly droopy looks of confused love! :)

Hopefully it won't be as invasive as a spay but it is certainly along those lines. I will let you know how he is doing as soon as I know something.

Sending prayers and light for Joey. :hope I've had a few fosters with this condition, and they all came through just fine, including my beloved Finnian (failed foster). :)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

update?

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Sending my prayers. My Flash and Angel Cody Angelo had the same condition and they did greyt. Hugs to the precious boy. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest houndlover
update?

No updates yet. He isn't scheduled for surgery until 1pm this afternoon. I will call after 5pm to see how he is doing and will update everyone then.

Guest houndlover

I just called the vet a little while ago and they said that everything went fine. They finished with him later than they thought so I have to call back at 7:30pm to see if he can go home tonite. Once I get him home though I am going to have the same problem as Shantismom is going to have with Asti.....keeping him quiet!

Glad everything went well! Copper was cryptorchid, too, and he was just fine after several days. He does have a BIG scar though - they had to unzip his whole abdomen, so it's actually a bigger scar than a spay!

greysmom :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Guest houndlover
He does have a BIG scar though - they had to unzip his whole abdomen, so it's actually a bigger scar than a spay!

greysmom :D

Poor Copper. :omg I hope he got lots of extra loving while recovering from that surgery. I am hoping that Joey's isn't that bad. I had one foster that was a cryptorchid(his mom is a GTer "CyrusinCT") and he had an incision similar to what you described. It used to hurt me to look at the incision. :(

Poor baby! Hope he recovers quickly. Hugs from NY.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

So glad everything went well, hope he gets to come home tonight, I'm sure that would make him much happier than being away from home. Sending gentle hugs and scritches.

Guest houndlover

Joey is home but he is still in the car. The vet said that I could get him and bring him home or leave him there. They said that other than be very wobbly he is fine. One of the techs helped me get him in the car but now that I am home I'm not sure how I am going to get him out of the car. :lol: He's too heavy for me to lift (81lbs) so DD and I decided to let him "rest" until we get ready for bed and then we will try to coax him out of the car again. Any other ideas? I have a Honda Element so it quite a jump out of the car for him.

Hopefully he's now snoozing on his bed inside. :) I usually loop a towel under the tuck to help support a wobbly hound. ;)

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Use a sheet, and one of you could get on each side, I am hoping that it was not real hot in the car especially after surgery. But I am sure he is in the house by now, I hope he is starting to feel better.

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest houndlover

Joey was only in the car for about an hour or so and it was not hot. I left all of the windows down and kept checking on him. DD and I were able to put the tailgate down and slide the dog bed he was on to the end of the tailgate and then sort of slide him off of the end while supporting him. He is doing much better this morning. He ate some of this breakfast and peed a river this morning when I took him out. :lol:

I have someone checking on him at 11am this morning and then DD will be home at 2pm. Thanks for all of your good thoughts and suggestions.