Warrior We Will Always Love You

Guest G2G_Greys

Guest HornGreys

Another grey has found his way to the Rainbow Bridge today. Seven weeks ago we saw our first glimps of a wonderful boy that was sadly sticken with bone cancer. It broke our hearts knowing that he had just turned one years old. So it was decided that we would bring him into our home and let him spend the rest of his life as a true greyhound, a pet. My girlfriend brought him into her home knowing that he could last only a few weeks but to all of our suprise he lasted almost 2 months.

We were all lucky to be graced by this worthy, loving, generous, kind and affection greyhound that we have ever know. Every day was a new experience and it was wonderful to be able to watch. He played with toys, ran through the house and was a goof, all on three legs. He was more agil then any 4 legged greyhound. His favorite thing was to give kisses and completely wash your face. He taught us all to live life to the fullest, even if it is only for a day.

He played and loved life. Thanks to Mary Jo (Spud and Sadie's mom) he had a beautiful collar to grace his life with. Will will miss him always and are sad to see that he had to leave us. We know that he is running with all 4 legs and playing with many of our greyhounds that have gone before him.

God bless you sweet heart. Your mom and dad and all of us who met you miss you so much. With all of our love sweet boy. Run free.

post-12792-1220488923_thumb.jpg post-12792-1220488935_thumb.jpg

Edited by HornGreys

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much for taking him home and showing him what a Forever HOME was. :bighug:bighug I am so Sorry.

:gh_run2 Run Free Warrior

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest HornGreys

He didn't get to live with me. But a dear friend did bring him into her home. She doesn't post here on GreyTalk but I believe that Warrior deserves this reconition. I was very lucky to visit with him multiple times a week.

We were all truly blessed.

I'm so sorry...it's always so heartbreaking to hear this...no matter what the age. I'm glad to hear warrior had some really happy days, and brought happiness into the lives of others...if only for a short while. He looks really happy in his pics.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

My sympathies to his mom and dad and all who knew. How sad to be stricken with this awful disease so young. Godspeed sweet baby.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:gh_lay I'm so very sorry for your loss, MJ sent me a note to let me know. It is so heart breaking to know that this horrible disease has no age limit. We have lost so many this year to it...

Take some comfort in knowing that he trotted across the bridge on all fours, and was met by so many hounds & hound people on the other side. He's no longer in any discomfort & the breeze we all feel tonight is the wind from his happy tail.

Edited by Pipi5

My deepest condolences to you and all whose hearts were touched by this very special boy. :grouphug Bless you for giving him a home and such love and appreciation in his short time with you. :beatheart

Godspeed, sweet Warrior... :gh_run

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, that's so sad....it breaks my heart that he was only one. It's only the fact that he spent the best weeks of his life with an extended family that loved him that makes this sad story right. You all are good, good people and should rest well knowing that he's in a better place....not hurting anymore and among the best of the best.

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I am so sorry. :candle:grouphug

Warrior, all the momma greys up there must have needed a youngster to take care of. Godspeed Warrior, run with all the other angels. :gh_run

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Guest BlackandBrindle

I had the incredible honor of meeting this baby who just had more love in his heart than any pup I've ever seen. The first time I met him on a trip to the kennel, he came running up to me, jumped up on the fence, and gave me kisses all over my face.

It was like he was saying, "Hey! It's great to meet you! Isn't it a wonderful day?"

I was also lucky enough to see him off, when he went to his forever home, with a lady that just never stops when it comes to helping these wonderful dogs.

I followed his life through his mom's email updates, smiling each time I saw his sweet face.

Warrior, formerly War Chant, was just over a year old, and I raged at the fact that he was so young, that he didn't have a longer chance at enjoying that couch. What he taught me though, is it's not about the length of time you're here, but how well you use that time. Warrior could not have asked for a better family to give his love because it was returned every moment he was with them.

I write this with tears in my eyes, my heart broken for his family because I can't help but be sad that he didn't have more time with them. I know in my heart though, that he couldn't be more loved or more missed if he'd been here for a hundred years.

Run free sweet baby boy and know that we'll never forget you. You took a piece of our hearts with you.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

So sad. There is a new star in the heavens named Warrior.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

:( How very sad. My deepest sympathies to all who loved him.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest HoustonGreys
:f_red Warrior's life was too short, that's for sure, but I am so thankful your friend gave him a home and let him know the love of a family and the joy of being a pet. Bless her. Run free sweet boy! :gh_run

So sad :( .

Rest in peace Warrior.

:f_red

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting