Question About Limping

Rose has been limping on her left front leg, off and on, for a couple weeks. It doesn't seem tender anywhere, there's no swelling or heat, and her paw, pads, and toes look fine, too.

She's 9, but she still tears around the back yard like a crazy fool, God love her, and she loves to run in sloppy weather the most. :rolleyes: And even though she limps when she walks (off and on, like I said), she still gets out there and runs like she always does.

I'm thinking she probably hurt something on one of her little solo races (Rhem just watches her--you can practically feel him rolling his eyes at her).

Should I just keep an eye on her for any changes or worsening? Call and get the vet's opinion? Make an appointment and just bring her in? Quit worrying and have a Chivas instead? :colgate

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

You probably know what my answer is going to be (:rolleyes:) but I'd have to take her in for x-rays. There are a million and one things which can cause a limp (as you know) but any more than a day or so for me and they have to be x-rayed.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest fatesrelease

I'd take her to the vet. Not wise to take any chances, ya know. P.S. good luck, hope you find what is going on!

Edited by fatesrelease

I'm not too worried about tick diseases--she came from a blood donor program.

But yeah, I'm leaning toward having a radiological look-see.

Laurie

I'd have to take her in for x-rays. There are a million and one things which can cause a limp (as you know) but any more than a day or so for me and they have to be x-rayed.

Yep! Hope it's nothing... :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I also would take her to the vet. Any limp that lasts more then two days we go to the vet for exam and xrays.

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

I can't get an appointment with my regular vet, whom I completely trust and love, until next Thursday. :unsure

I can get in earlier with a different vet, that I don't know.

What would you do if you were me?

Laurie

Guest BlackandBrindle

I'd take her in too. Sadie had intermittent lameness throughout the past year, never more than a couple of days at a time. We tested for Valley Fever and she is positive.

It's better to know sooner rather than later. Hope it's something easily fixed!

Sending prayers and chanting: This is nothing. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.