O K Back To The Vet With Sheana

Guest greybookends

Guest greybookends

Thursday I noticed a little scab on her eye. At first I just thought it was an eye booger when I felt it and then when I saw it I thought maybe she scratched it. I wiped it clean and dabbed a very tiny bit of ointment on it and just kept an eye on it. Well it's not getting better so I guess I'm going back to the vet today.

Here's a front view.

DSC05138.jpg

Here's a side view.

DSC05137.jpg

I was really hoping not to have to go to the vet this week. I have just spent the last month doing shots and all of the normal stuff one hound at a time. One week at a time and am all done except getting Sheana and Monty's Pro Heart at the beginning of the month. I don't have to go to work till 11 today so I will see if they can see her first thing but most likely ( today is surgury day) It will be this afternoon. I only have to work lunch today so I get off at 2.

My 2 favorite features on Sheana is her fur ( it is so soft) and her beautiful eyes. No way is something going to hurt those eyes! I won't let it!

I'll post later when she's going in. I hope it's just a scratch or sty and a little antibiotic ointment will do the trick.

Edited by greybookends

Guest greybookends

OK I just got back from the vet. The vet thinks it is MOST likely a bit of trauma that has gotten a little infected but because I didn't see it happen and can't say for sure she did a fine needle aspiration and is running a cytology on it to make sure there is nothing more sinister going on. She said there is a glad there that could possibly be infected but not suspected. She gave her a Dexamethasone injection for inflammation and put her on 500mg Cephalexin twice daily for the next 2 weeks. She also told me to do warm compresses for 5 minutes 3 times a day for at least the next 5 days and to put a bit of hydrocortizone cream on it. She will call me later with the results of the cytology.

Sending prayers for Sheana I hope you feel better real soon. Sending hugs to you and mommy. :bighug:bighug:bighug

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest bonscoby

Sheana, stop worrying your mommy!!!!!! I hope her gorgeous eyes are back to normal in no time at all!!!!!

She might even be ready to give you a stink eye by tomorrow, Lori! :)

Get better soon sweetie! :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greybookends

Vet says the cells all look like just an infection. One or two she said looked a little funky but they are most likely artifact. She will hold onto the slide just in case. If things don't progress like they should for an injury we will send it off to a lab for a more in depth reading.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!