Update On Diamond

Guest charmsmom

Guest charmsmom

Well, here am I just kicking myself... :( I forgot to put her muzzle back on her this morning, and came home to a bleeding girl. She chewed the drain out of her leg (literally!! :eek Owwwww!) and did a very nice job of rendering the stitches useless, and tearing ANOTHER inch of skin off...and draining $66 MORE dollars out of my bank account. <_<

The really bad part is that she doesn't have enough skin left to stitch, so we just have to live with a bandage. :( We did get changed from Cephalexin to Clindamycin to try to reduce the stomach upset. I've been hand-feeding her peanut butter sandwich halves just to get some calories in her. She has been LOVING that, but I don't want her to get TOO spoiled (is that possible? :P).

So, we effectively had to start over. It's been bandaged and sprayed with bitter apple, so hopefully that will keep her from messing with it, but her muzzle is taped up, so hopefully we won't have that problem again.

Oh, I feel for you. BTDT. Hope this time's the charm. DON'T CHEW YOUR BANDAGE, sweet pea!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Did you talk to her and tell her not to mess with it? And Miss Diamond deserves to be spoiled!! A LOT. I hope she starts to heal quickly and Misty says, she needs ice cream to heal properly. Please give her a hug from her fan club here in the desert

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Oh do I feel your pain! Shadow had surgery on his leg the end of February and we've had it almost healed twice before he'd open it back up. He's in a muzzle with a stool guard until it's not only healed, but the skin is no longer pink. It's so, so frustrating!

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest charmsmom

Nope. It's on her left hind leg between her knee and her hock. Too low for a tee shirt, too high for a sock, too easy for a Bite-Not. A muzzle is our only option...

She did try to get at it once, and came away shaking her head and licking. I think the bitter apple worked. :lol

Edited by charmsmom

Ouch! :( A mistake that won't be repeated. :rolleyes: Sending more prayers for healing that leg. :hope

:bighug:bighug:bighug:bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

OHHH No I am so sorry. We will continue to pray and hope she feels better real soon. :bighug:getwell:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest LolasMom

Awwww poor baby. I'm definitely in favor of spoiling her rotten! :blush Let's hope she keeps liking peanut butter better than apple. :goodluck Heal up quick, sweetheart.

Guest koolaidnconner

I was just going to say what about a soccer sock or something. but the cutting the toe out of a sock would work great too. you could even attach a thick ribbon or something threw the sock and tie it around her tummy maybe so she does not take the sock off, so it stays up?? :dunno

Guest bobandpolly
I was just going to say what about a soccer sock or something. but the cutting the toe out of a sock would work great too. you could even attach a thick ribbon or something threw the sock and tie it around her tummy maybe so she does not take the sock off, so it stays up?? :dunno

Oh, like a legwarmer garter belt! Great idea. Diamond will look so sexy you will have to keep the boys away (at least until she is healed) :colgate

Guest paulamariez

Poor Diamond! Silly girl, making things worse for yourself and your mom! I'll keep Diamond's tender heart in my prayers that she heals up quickly without any more obstacles! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Diamond some get well doggie kisses. I hope the clindamycin helps your sweetie's tummy. Bueller's been taking it for over a month now for his recurring gum infections. He does OK on it. No puking, but he doesn't have the greatest appetite, especially in the mornings. I've been giving him a little extra goodies to eat with his evening dose. Bueller's taking 150 mg. three times a day. Also, DH just took the same medication for HIS tooth infection and said it gave him a gluey taste in his mouth and made him lose a bit of his appetite as well. When DH got the clindamycin, I was so programmed from giving it to Bueller, I wanted to hand DH his pill wrapped up in a piece of cheese! :lol:

Guest koolaidnconner

Oh, like a legwarmer garter belt! Great idea. Diamond will look so sexy you will have to keep the boys away (at least until she is healed) :colgate

And get pics of the garter belt... :rofl

If you don't want to do a muzzle, one-legged sweats worked very well for Shadow. We finally had to give them up as he has a hard time staying cool in the summer and they were just too warm.

All I did was buy little-boy sweats (size 6 if I remember right) and cut one leg off up to the waistband. They stayed on great, gave the wound air and he could even potty in them :blush:

Let me know and I can take a picture of them if you want. We found that nothing else worked since their legs are shaped like a funnel, everything else eventually slips down.

Jenn, missing Shadow (Wickford Big Tom), Pretty Girl (C's Pretty) and Tori (Santoria)

Guest charmsmom

Now that's just WRONG!!! Poor girl is under enough torture!!!

Guest koolaidnconner

Now that's just WRONG!!! Poor girl is under enough torture!!!

Sorry :grouphug Hope Diamond feels well soon!

Guest BigPercyInMa

I'm sorry Diamond did another number on her leg :( That sounds painful :eek

Percy would like to see a pic of Diamond in a legwarmer garter belt though B)