It's Almost Too Much

Guest tennesseegrey

How devastating for you. I'm so very sorry. I hope you can find someone to help your baby.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I'm beginning to believe that Osteosarcoma starts with an infection or something. Think about it....HPV, the sexually transmitted infection in some cases can turn into cancer. Has anyone else though this before??

Joy

I am devastated for you to hear this. I have no words of comfort. All we can do is pray for a mircale (and they do happen) and be there for you.

As far as HPV goes, yes, it's possible that an HPV virus that lead to cervical cancer, but it's more rare than not and it's also possible to get cervical cancer without a trace of HPV.

The corona virus can be the common cold or AIDS.

It all sux.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest paulamariez

I am so very sorry. It's the worst possible diagnosis. I do agree with you in the thought that maybe it is virus related. I've thought the very same thing, because my brother Joseph, had non-Hodgkins lymphoma, and one of the ways the doctor brought up that people may possibly get the type of cancer Joseph had, was from a virus triggering it in a person that has the proper genetic material to get cancer. I will keep your precious Caeser in my prayers.

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this again. sending lots of healing thoughts.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I'm moderately certain (in an unscientific nature of course) that it's at least injury related and virus related is a good possibility. I lost my Dane at age 8.5 to osteo in the scapula of her left foreleg. The same shoulder she'd fallen and injured just a few years prior. I believe that it may have left a weakness, an opportunity. The vet can't say but don't you wonder?

Angie, Pewter, and Storm-puppy

Forever missing Misty-Mousie (9/9/99 - 10/5/15)
Fort Wayne, Indiana

OMG, I'm so sorry.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest greydogluvr

I am so sorry. Gentle hugs to your boy :bighug. Though I have no advise for you, I can tell you that I have been through this two times. I wish I had known of this site during those times. You have come to the right place for direction, advice and support. This is just unbelievable. :cry1

Guest TBSFlame

I am so sorry. The two greys that I have lost have both been to osteosarcoma. I hope they find out what causes it. That's why research is so important.

I'm moderately certain (in an unscientific nature of course) that it's at least injury related and virus related is a good possibility. I lost my Dane at age 8.5 to osteo in the scapula of her left foreleg. The same shoulder she'd fallen and injured just a few years prior. I believe that it may have left a weakness, an opportunity. The vet can't say but don't you wonder?

Wow, you're making me wonder too. I had a broken scapula 13 years ago that's still bothering me. Glad I'm going to the doctor on Wednesday. I need to ask about this.

And I'm so sorry about Rosie and Caesar. For the life of me, I can't understand why we were able to put people on the moon 30+ years ago and get them back, but no one has figured out what causes cancer. It's illogical.

Marcia in SC