Hematoma Trouble

Guest vahoundlover

Glad to hear she came through the surgery ok. sorry about the teefies :( sending lots of healing thoughts and good news with the path reports.

Guest MAXNAV
Raven came out of surgery just fine. Apparently she fought the anesthesia and had a hard time going to sleep, but she woke up like a champ. She lost seven teeth (!) and a good chunk out of her chest. We'll have the pathology results on her hematoma in about a week. They applied a sealant called Orajel in hopes of keeping her teeth in good shape, which along with CET chews and brushing with Denta Treat may do the trick.

She is still loopy from the drugs and very sore. She's drooling blood and curled up on her bed, stoned out of her gourd.

When she is a bit more aware, she will get her guilt presents--a very soft sheep pillow/toy to rest that sore head on and some squishy treats.

Glad to hear she is doing good. Didn't they give her a little something to relax her before the anesthesia? That would've helped her not fight so hard. I didn't know that they had sealants for dogs. Thanks for that bit of info. I'll check into it on Navi's next visit.

Glad to hear she is doing good. Didn't they give her a little something to relax her before the anesthesia? That would've helped her not fight so hard. I didn't know that they had sealants for dogs. Thanks for that bit of info. I'll check into it on Navi's next visit.

Orajel sealant is applied during the dental. After that you maintain at home with weekly applications rubbed onto the teeth, IIRC. She'll get her first at-home treatment in a couple of weeks.

Kristen with

Penguin (L the Penguin) Flying Penske x L Alysana

Costarring The Fabulous Felines: Squeak, Merlin, Bailey & Mystic

68sgSRq.jpg

Awwww....sending prayers for the pretty little girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

She's feeling quite a bit better. Still not herself yet, but she's stopped drooling and is bright-eyed. She doesn't want to budge from her bed, but if I bring her meals she eats them with gusto, and she has fun snuggling with/nudging around her stuffed sheep. She'll get up if something really interesting is going on and she just has to be part of it. She was licking at her incision so I had to put her lightweight jammies on to keep her from it.

And... she learned how to destuff her bandage. :eek It looked like a blizzard in here this morning.

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest MAXNAV

Orajel sealant is applied during the dental. After that you maintain at home with weekly applications rubbed onto the teeth, IIRC. She'll get her first at-home treatment in a couple of weeks.

Ah. See, I learn something new every day. Thanks for the info on the Orajel sealant.

• 2 weeks later...

Raven's pathology report came back negative for cancer. They got all of the mass and it is unlikely to return. Woo hoo! :yay

Her incision healed up very well--no thanks to her. Raven was intent on destroying her bandage and yanking her stitches out, so I resorted to keeping her dressed in jammies for two weeks until it was no longer itchy/tempting for her. She thought I really sucked for keeping her in jammies in the summertime, but it paid off. She has a nice clean, smooth, barely-noticeable scar with no infection and her hair is growing back in.

Her mouth is STILL sore. She winces when I try to look at it and I don't dare give her any chewies. The vet said it'll probably be sore for another two weeks. She had a canine pulled which had about the longest root he'd ever seen. It left a hole so big it had to be stitched. Thus, no need to panic that she hasn't fully healed there yet. No sign of infection, which is great.

:)

Kristen with

68sgSRq.jpg

Guest greyhoundluv

OMG! so much for a lady to deal with. I am so happy it isnt the big c. She sure sounds like a trooper :wub:

:grouphug Hugs for Raven... Savannah lost 24 teeth recently, there was a bit of bloody drool for the first night and by the next day she was back to her goofy self.

Wow! All 24 at once! How many teeth does a greyhound have?? Champ goes in on Wednesday for a dental, he has lost 14 teeth during previous dentals and I know he will end up loosing more :(

Glad she is doing well so far and that the path report came back A-OK -- must be a huge relief to you. Scritchies to your girlie (and to your big funny love Tiny).

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:yay I am so releaved on the no cancer diagnosis.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.