Test Results Are In For Sheana Post 48

Guest greybookends

Guest paulamariez

I will keep your precious Sheana in my prayers so that it turns out to be nothing but a sweet healthy hound! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Sheana some doggie kisses too!

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mommydog

Only just seeing this Lori, sending a ton of good wishes for you all. I had this issue with Joe a couple of months back, however he is OK. But it sounds as if there is a problem with Sheana's kidneys, then you've caught it quite early and before much, or indeed any damage has been done. :bighug Btw, I think the vet thought I was a neurotic Mommy too!

Guest bonscoby

I am praying sooooooo hard for Sheana. This just has to be temporary!!!!! I can't imagine what you are going through, Lori, but keep the faith...Sheana is eating well. That has to be good....

Many many many prayers that we hear good news next Wednesday!

Okay, so you're not nuts, but IF it is early stage kidney disease, that can be contolled with diet. Misty has had kidney disease and we caught it early. She's on a kidney diet and meds and it's been almost 3 years and her blood work every 6 months has been great. Sticking to the diet is crucial though. Misty is on Hills KD but there are others out there. Please keep us posted on your girl. She's in our prayers and we will continue our prayers for her mom to be a nut case. Please try not to worry. I've cared for 3 Greys with kidney disease and all did very well.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greybookends
Okay, so you're not nuts, but IF it is early stage kidney disease, that can be contolled with diet. Misty has had kidney disease and we caught it early. She's on a kidney diet and meds and it's been almost 3 years and her blood work every 6 months has been great. Sticking to the diet is crucial though. Misty is on Hills KD but there are others out there. Please keep us posted on your girl. She's in our prayers and we will continue our prayers for her mom to be a nut case. Please try not to worry. I've cared for 3 Greys with kidney disease and all did very well.

Sheana is raw fed. Any other raw feeders out there with any feed back on a diet for kidney disease? I want to be armed and ready if it is kidney disease.

Oh Lori :sad1:grouphug Hoping hard for good news next Wednesday :goodluck :goodluck :goodluck

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sheana is raw fed. Any other raw feeders out there with any feed back on a diet for kidney disease? I want to be armed and ready if it is kidney disease.

oops, didn't know that sorry.I know nothing about raw feeding, and even less about nutrition. My vet, and this is just his opinion but he does have a masters in nutrition is that kidney diets are not just focussed on low protein, there are other factors. Not long ago, Dr Feeman posted about kidney diets here. Maybe pm him, he is so great about responding and really knows his stuff.Please ask him

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greybookends

oops, didn't know that sorry.I know nothing about raw feeding, and even less about nutrition. My vet, and this is just his opinion but he does have a masters in nutrition is that kidney diets are not just focussed on low protein, there are other factors. Not long ago, Dr Feeman posted about kidney diets here. Maybe pm him, he is so great about responding and really knows his stuff.Please ask him

I just posted in Food and Nutrition. I looked on line and a low protein diet is a universally excepted treatment for Kidney Disease. I posted for recipes if I need them. I don't trust commercial dogfood.

Guest Pipi5

Lori, Sheanna will be in my prayers. Bless your heart I know you're just sick over this, but like the vet said...wawawawa wawawa wa wawawa early stages wawawa wa wa.

We're right here with you through the entire journey. :beatheart

I'll continue to send positive thoughts to Sheana. There are some vets who advocate raw or cooked diets for dogs with kidney disease -- mostly homeopathic or alternative practitioners.

I don't personally know anything about this one but his website turned up in a Google search for "homemade diet for dogs with kidney disease": http://www.pet-grub.com/pet-health/chronic...al-failure.pets

Keep us posted, Lori! :grouphug

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Sending more prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

sending prayers for your pretty girl! :hope:candle:hope:candle

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

sending healing thoughts :grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest greybookends

OK NO kidney problems. However when they checked the results her protein levels left major cause for concern so they took more blood and sent this sample to the lab. Last weeks protein level was 5.4, this week was 4.7. We sent all the tests to the kennel vet and he confirmed and agreed with all analysis. He was also concerned with the protein levels. So now we wait again. I should know something tomorrow. The kennel vet said I should ask about Protein Losing Interopathy. He said it is usually seen in dogs with loose or soft poop but that it has been known to occasionally occur in dogs with firm poop so if something is going on it is something he suggested we look into. When I know more I will post more.