I'm In Tears Here At Work...

Guest K9Cookies

Guest paulamariez

I will keep praying for your precious girl Bonnie. May she have loads of pain free and quality time left with her beloved family!! Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending Bonnie some healing doggie kisses!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CyndiW

Oh Kristen, I am just now reading this. I have been thinking about Bonnie a lot lately but figured no news was good news. Hope you hear something soon from your vet. Sounds like a good sign that she had a great day yesterday so hopefully this was just a bump in the road. Bonnie will stay in my prayers. Cyndi

Guest KRKWMU
Just checking in to see how Bonnie is doing

Any word yet from the vets?

I still feel Bonnie's lymph nodes a little in spots. In my opinion, we really need to step up the chemo again to get rid of the cancer. I'm anxious because of the waiting, but I don't know what else I can do. :wacko:

No word yet and I can't figure out why. :( Dr. Couto was so quick to respond to our other emails in the past. Usually when he's traveling we'll get an automated response telling us he's out of the office.

I'll let you know when I hear something (hopefully today). :goodluck

Guest KRKWMU

OK, everyone. We still haven't heard back from Dr. Couto, which I find very odd. :unsure I've been wondering in the back of my mind the whole week that maybe he didn't even receive the emails. So, I emailed our vet and Dr. Couto just now. Hopefully, we'll connect and hear from Dr. Couto before Monday. If the cancer IS back, I just couldn't sit another day without trying to touch base with Dr. Couto.

Bonnie's lymph nodes feel like they are down more! :clap At least we are seeing improvements and not more enlargement.

Here's some pictures we took of her this past weekend-

Relaxing in the shade

IMG_1810.jpg

Cooling off in the mudpit! :blush We are in the process of re-doing our deck, and Bonnie plopped down in a bunch of mud. Needless to say, all three got a bath that afternoon! :lol

IMG_1805.jpg

Enjoying herself...notice the hair still hasn't grown in from the biopsy. Other areas are very thin from the chemo.

IMG_1807.jpg

Hello there pretty girl! It looks like you are enjoying your w/end to the max sweetie! :wub: That's what it's all about! An Angel Watches Over....:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest SoulsMom

I'm so sorry you haven't heard back :(

If it helps any, I know he is in Mass today, he was speaking at an event at our kennel

Guest KRKWMU

If it helps any, I know he is in Mass today, he was speaking at an event at our kennel

Grab that man for us!!! :lol:lol:lol I sent him a new email this morning. Hopefully we'll hear something tonight or tomorrow. The other emails were sent directly from our vet. Even though he hasn't had any trouble in the past, our vet admits he's not the most computer-savvy.

Bonnie has been doing better. :colgate Tonight she ate all of her food without me having to hand feed her or coax her. Her lymph nodes feel much better. I'm definitely not as panicked as I was earlier in the week. :blink: But, I would like to know what we are doing to do from here. I'm the type of person who needs a plan!!! :P

Guest SoulsMom

Sorry, I couldn't go, I was puppy sitting. If I had been there I would have tried to talk to him for you. :(

I'm glad Bonnie is doing well tonight :wub:

Edited by SoulsMom

Grab that man for us!!! :lol:lol:lol I sent him a new email this morning. Hopefully we'll hear something tonight or tomorrow. The other emails were sent directly from our vet. Even though he hasn't had any trouble in the past, our vet admits he's not the most computer-savvy.

Bonnie has been doing better. :colgate Tonight she ate all of her food without me having to hand feed her or coax her. Her lymph nodes feel much better. I'm definitely not as panicked as I was earlier in the week. :blink: But, I would like to know what we are doing to do from here. I'm the type of person who needs a plan!!! :P

Kristin, I'm so sorry. However, glad to hear the panic from earlier in the week has subsided a little... we're all rooting for Bonnie here... sending many, many hugs, and continuing to keep her in my daily thoughts.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug --- > for you

scritches & :kiss2 ---> for the lovely Bonnie

Edited by merlinsmum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest HersheysMom

Glad Bonnie is doing better - I love the pictures :) Hershey's hair is the same way - really thin or non-existent in a lot of spots - they always seem to find a new place to shave - he looks like a patchwork quilt.

Re the nausea meds, have you tried Ondansetron? That's all we use now (with Pepcid) Reglan didn't do squat for us. Ondansetron is more expensive, but only requires one pill a day, and it's really worth it!

Glad Bonnie is doing better - I love the pictures :) Hershey's hair is the same way - really thin or non-existent in a lot of spots - they always seem to find a new place to shave - he looks like a patchwork quilt.

Re the nausea meds, have you tried Ondansetron? That's all we use now (with Pepcid) Reglan didn't do squat for us. Ondansetron is more expensive, but only requires one pill a day, and it's really worth it!

Angel LaceyLaine took that med and it helped her...Fred takes it with his chemo...it is VERY cheap at Costco. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KRKWMU

I will ask about that medication. The reglan does seem to help Bonnie. It was costing a pretty penny at the vet's office (around $40). This last time I called because we were out of refills and asked about the possibility of a regular pharmacy. Well, they faxed it to Sam's Club and $9 later I had the medication! :eek Nice.