Frontline Plus And Frontline Top Spot

What is the difference between Frontline Plus and

Frontline Top Spot. I have always bought and used

(9 years) the Frontline Top Spot. (purple box)

Went to buy it at the vets yesterday and he only is

now selling Frontline Plus. I am always leary of changing

something that is working.

What is the difference? and do you use is safely.

Guest greyladydown

Plus controls ticks, Top Spot does not.

Frontline Plus is safe for greyhounds. If you don't have a problem with ticks, stay with the Top Spot.

Frontline Plus is safe for greyhounds. If you don't have a problem with ticks, stay with the Top Spot.

This is not true. Both control ticks. The frontline plus has an added ingredient that also kills flea eggs and larvae. You can get all this information on Merial's website or any others that sell these products online. Our group recommends the Top Spot only because why expose your dog to another pesticide if the Top Spot is really just as effective in controlling fleas? It is also cheaper than Frontline Plus. In addition, greys can have an adverse reaction to Plus with the added ingredient, when then do not from Top Spot. I would stick to the Top Spot.

Edited to add: Many vets only sell the Frontline Plus, but you can order the Top Spot online. No prescription needed.

Edited by cthounds

smokes.jpgcollect2.jpg

Pepper the lurcher, Smokey the longdog and Collect (Call Collect) the grey

Della Dee and AMF Achilles waiting at the bridge

Guest greyladydown

This is not true. Both control ticks. The frontline plus has an added ingredient that also kills flea eggs and larvae. You can get all this information on Merial's website or any others that sell these products online. Our group recommends the Top Spot only because why expose your dog to another pesticide if the Top Spot is really just as effective in controlling fleas? It is also cheaper than Frontline Plus. In addition, greys can have an adverse reaction to Plus with the added ingredient, when then do not from Top Spot. I would stick to the Top Spot.

Edited to add: Many vets only sell the Frontline Plus, but you can order the Top Spot online. No prescription needed.

I guess you are right.

I've used Plus twice with the same reaction, I won't use it again. When I used Plus on Carl he started head-bobbing, not constantly, but enough that it was notable. The first time I thought it was a fluke, the second time I realized it was the Plus. It went away after about a month and he has only done it right after I put it on him. I'm going to try just the Top Spot next, if he head-bobs again I'll never use it again. Though, I am toying with the idea of trying Springtime's Bug Off instead, it sure won't hurt.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest SueG201

My vet does not carry Frontline Plus, he says the few extra dollars are a waste, they both

work the same. I stick with Frontline top spot, it works great for me

I use Frontline Plus, mostly because that's the only version my old practice carries. If the new practice has regular frontline I'll probably switch back to that. Haven't had any problems with it though.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Thank You All for your input

I will stick with the Frontline-top spot

I thought I had read something about the Plus

having some adverse effect on some greys.

I'm not going to take the chance

thanks again

Guest ss556

Alan had a reaction to Frontline Plus - May was the first time I ever used it on him. He has allergies now and still is itching and scratching - it's upsetting to watch. I won't use it again on him as it's over a month and he's still not right.