Festus Update June 28

Well, this is good and weird all at the same time.

Today we went to the dog park and Festus ran and played like he hasn't in a long time.

He's lying here on the couch sleeping...breathing nice and deep with a happy look on his face.

He has NO bloating. No panting. NOTHING. Frankly, he hasn't looked or felt this good in years.

Is it the raw diet? Did the med work well enough that it cured the immediate problem? Was he misdiagnosed? Did Greytalk prayers work? I don't know. But it cost me close to $1000 to get a cancer diagnoses. I'm not going to spend more now. I'm saving my money and taking him to the Bahamas.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

So glad to hear that Festus is doing so well. :yay :yay :yay I have been thinking of him, and of you.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

What super news! Hugs and scritchies to both of you! (Hey, if you've got mosquitoes like ours, you need those scritchies, too :lol .)

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Let's keep the circle of prayers and chants going for Festus. :grouphug Hug that precious boy for me. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Ah, the sweet old man...so glad he's feeling more like himself, or even like himself in younger days. You are exactly right---celebrate these good times. They are yours and his to treasure.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest paulamariez

That is absolutely wonderful news! I am sooo glad to hear that Festus is doing so well! I for one do believe in the power of prayer, but it would also be nice if it was a misdiagnosis, then you'd have nothing to worry about! Keeping your precious boy Festus in my prayers. And Tiger, Bueller and Domino are sending more healing doggie kisses too!

Great news about Festus! Sending continued good thoughts.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Thank you all. Festus was running around the yard today. For a sec I thought he'd run off...but he's too good for that. I was trying to rustle Angel and Sunscreen into the fenced area after our day at the falls, and he slipped off around the corner. I wasn't really worried...he never leaves my side...but for a sec I thought...he wouldn't...No, he wouldn't. He jogged to the front door and stood there smiling at me.

White cat, on the other hand, raced out the door, leapt through the bars of the porch and took off. Brat. He'll be back. He's a quick study and knows which side his bread is buttered on. Or something like that.

Thank you again for the prayers. They seem to be working well. I haven't seen him this happy or energetic in a long time.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest VelvetEars

Um.....can you leave Festus at home and take me to the Bahamas instead? I promise I won't be bloated, I'll run and play, and I'll smile at you and not run off! :)

Guest KyGrey
Um.....can you leave Festus at home and take me to the Bahamas instead? I promise I won't be bloated, I'll run and play, and I'll smile at you and not run off! :)

But will you eat all of your raw hamburger?? :lol

I have a feeling for a trip to the Bahamas, she'd eat raw hamburger.

I can't find my stupid CORD to download the pictures!

I just took the dogs on a walk to the grocery store. They're all now pooped out. I also put up my carport. I got it on Craigslist for $50, and it's missing a couple of pieces. Which isn't a huge deal because I can just make it smaller...with things sticking out...anyhoo... But it doesn't have stakes to keep it down, so I have to wait until I can get those to finish it. Well, it's almost 10pm, so I should just call it a night anyway. I have boxes to burn.

BTW, Patti, I saw that you called, but my phone is dead and I haven't had a chance to plug it in. (I seem to be having cord issues tonight.) So I'll have to call you later.

Besides, Meredith, I have a feeling if the right cabana boy came along, you WOULD run off! :P

Oh, and I forgot to add that when I let the dogs out last night (well, 3am), Festus fell coming back up the stairs. He also can't jump into the car anymore. His back end is really atrophied. I don't know what that's about. That just started about a month ago, and it's pretty bad now. He's having trouble with stairs and getting up on the couch. But he TRIES and it doesn't seem to particularly bother him. I'll have to put him on the treadmill.

Guest KyGrey

He can share a treadmill with Lee is he wants to. Lee is just barely starting to atrophy but he's such a trooper. He's not hurting but you can tell he has a little trouble now and then.

Festus went down pretty hard last night. Tried to catch himself, but got his arm stuck in between the steps and I had to lift him out. But he's SUCH a lover. Every time I let the dogs in, they charge past me into the house, and he waits for me to go in first, and then stands and waits for me to close the door before he heads for his couch.

I just moved the fence so they have another couple hundred sq ft of yard to poop in. It took me longer than I thought, and I got EATEN by mosquitos. I'm one big red itchy welt!

Oh, and the white cat wouldn't come in today, and when I was out in the yard, the neighbor came over carrying him. "Is this your cat?" "Ummm...sort of..." "He was over at our house...he's really hungry." (Yeah right.) She goes on, "What's his name?" I say, "Ummm...I don't know. He doesn't really have one. I just found him a little bit ago..."

Anyway, it turns out that she's the girl whose cell phone I found the other day. I called and talked to someone and told them to pick it up at the Paradise. Not only did they NOT pick it up, but she didn't seem particularly concerned that the phone was lost.

If MY phone was lost, I'd be FRANTIC. This girl is like 18 years old maybe.

Edited by Forevermybabies

Tami,

Glad to hear the good news!!

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021