Daisy At E-vets

Guest daisydoodle123

Guest daisydoodle123

I posted last week re. Daisy's constipation and lump. It turned out to be an abscessed anal gland and she seemed to be on the mend after a visit to the vet. (plus various meds) Tonight however, she was in the garden and I suddenly heard her yelping and crying. I ran outside to find her totally distressed, with blood all around her bum. I rushed her to the e-vet and she's had to have surgery. The vet said that this has obviously been a recurring, untreated problem which has caused scar tissue to form and therefore complications. We drove down to see her after her surgery and although she was fast asleep and not in pain, I still feel so upset. She has been with me for about 1 and a half years, but is about 7. She was found as a stray, but must have belonged to someone once. In her past did someone see her suffer like this and not treat it? Will she wake up during the night and think I've abandoned her? I can't wait to see her tomorrow.

Oh dear... :( Your poor girlie. Hopefully this surgery will resolve the problem completely. Prayers and light for your precious pupper. :hope:candle

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I hope Miss Daisy sleeps peacefully though the night and wakes up to her mom's smiling face. :wub:

I hope this is the solution to your sweet girl's problems. Prayers and healing thoughts coming for Daisy and her worried mom. :bighug

Kim, (Herman), Pixie (NK Mary Ann), Kitten, Sammie, Darcy and Scout

Callie (Callie Walker), Ava (Lass Dance), July, Peanut, Kodi, Bailey, Kony, PJ, Scampie, Carlo & Casey waiting for us at the bridge

Guest BlackandBrindle

Poor Daisy and poor you :grouphug

She knows you love her and will not think you've abandoned her. Sending lots of prayers for a quick and painless recovery :grouphug

Guest HoustonGreys

Poor, sweet Daisy. :( Sending prayers and good thoughts her way. :hope:candle

And we have to send her :f_white

I know how you feel about her waking up without you. It's so hard when they're sick and away.

Awwww...poor baby girl. I am sure that they will keep Miss Daisy on pain meds and she will be blissfully dreaming pain free until you pick her up. BTW...my grandgrey had to have surgery for repeated anal problems and she did very well and has had no further problems. Sending my prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Holy peanuts! Poor girlie and poor you.

I have heard of dogs having chronic anal gland issues and having to have surgery. AFAIK it isn't rare but not something that happens every day either. And AFAIK there's nothing you could've done but what you did.

Hope she makes a quick recovery.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hope she recovers quickly and gets back home with her momma soon

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Well, hopefully she is on the right road toward full butt recovery now! When she wakes up, she will be waiting for you, and you will show up to get her, so she will KNOW you did not abandon her.

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Guest houndlover

I am so sorry that you are going through this. It is terribly upsetting to see our pets in pain and distress. It sounds like you have a wonderful vet that is working with her and I'm sure that she won't think that you have abandoned her. She knows that you love her. I'm sure that she will be VERY happy to see you in the morning though. :bighug

Guest daisydoodle123

Daisy is back home! She is very tender and sore, but is so glad to be back. The vets were fantastic. It was really cheap, just over £120, including meds. I was thinking that I would have to take out a loan! They also clipped her nails and did her teeth free of charge. She is on the mend, and has been enjoying all the attention/treats that the poor little girl deserves! Thanks for your prayers.

Welcome back home sweetie girl. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.