She Told Me She Couldn't Be My Foster Mom Anymore

Hi. My name is Deco Barnett. I am called Bam Bam. I ran really fast, then my leg got hurt and I got to stop racing. I spent some time on Mama Caffie's farm and rested while my leg got better, and I got to know Miss Jenn. Then this lady showed up and met me. She liked me, and brought her kids to meet me, then the Daddy. That was back in December. They told Mama Caffie that they would take me home and I would be their "foster", whatever that means. I thought I was doing OK. I repainted a wall a nice shade of yellow, and ate a few of Allison's stuffies. I thought they were mine. There are 2 other girl greyhounds here, and I like them. Finally I got the idea that it's the Daddy's job to repaint the walls, not mine, and I know I'm supposed to repaint the grass and trees instead.

Things were going along fine, I thought. Then one day the Mom told me that she couldn't be my foster mom any more. :(

She told me I was going to have a new name and that someone wanted to adopt me. WHY??? :blink: I thought I was a good boy. What's adopted?

Do you think it was because I accidentally bit the cat? He only needed a few stitches to fix it, and I promised I would never do it again!

Sooo, I got taken back to the adoption place. This lady gave me a BATH! I didn't like that. She also cut my toenails.

Anyway, now I have a new name....

Bam Bam Tebow Wagner! My new family LOVES the Florida Gator football team, and they say I remind them of their favorite quarterback Tim Tebow because I like to plow the other dogs out of the way sometimes.

Here's the best part. My new family is my same family! I am very happy here! It took me awhile to write this, because I am new at this typing thing. Here's my pictures so you can see how handsome I am.

BamBam_close_up.jpg

Bam_Bam_Presents_Collar.jpg

I got my own jacket:

Bam_Bam_s_Gators_jacket.jpg

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest wmlcml6

What a nice surprise to see you, Bam Bam. We all miss you, but it looks like you are where you need to be with your new family.

Type more often, okay? Luv, Cathie

Guest greytexplorer

We just LOVE Tebow for a greyhound name!

Congrats Tebow on your "new" home! :confetti

War Eagle,

Mandy and Ester

We just LOVE Tebow for a greyhound name!

Congrats Tebow on your "new" home! :confetti

War Eagle,

Mandy and Ester

I'm still Bam Bam. Tebow is my middle name.

Go Gators!

Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

Guest TheDoggfather

Congratulations BamBam... I miss you tons, big fella, but, I'm so happy for you at the same time. I'll never forget the night you got hurt and I had to take care of you... you were such a champ; never whined, whimpered or anything. Just trusted me to take care of you. Can't wait to see you again, buddy :)

Thanks so much Camille for falling for our boy... he's one of my favorites, for sure.

Edited by TheDoggfather

Congrat! :confetti When "failing" at fostering is a win-win! :yay:yay He's a gorgeous and lucky boy. :kiss2

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Congratulations BamBam... I miss you tons, big fella, but, I'm so happy for you at the same time. I'll never forget the night you got hurt and I had to take care of you... you were such a champ; never whined, whimpered or anything. Just trusted me to take care of you. Can't wait to see you again, buddy :)

Thanks so much Camille for falling for our boy... he's one of my favorites, for sure.

I'm sure he will be happy to see you too! I never realized how calm he is until the lunatic houseguest, Greta, arrived. He's a smart guy and a quick learner. That little incident with the cat was because everyone got all excited and he chased. He's never done anything like that since. Once he learns something, it sticks.

PLMK ASAP if you hear when GAP day is in the fall at the track. I need to ask for the day off from work months in advance. We had a great time last year and I want to be sure to have the day off and bring everyone! I asked Shirley, and they didn't know yet, so if you hear something, please tell me!

congrats to everyone!!

:clap:clap

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

so is this another foster failure??? :wub: i missed the original story ! congrats !!! :confetti :confetti :confetti

p.s. GO GATORS :)

He was a foster with intent.

:)

Cool story.

Congrats to the whole family.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

• 2 weeks later...

:yay:yay

Way to go Bam Bam (Tebow Wagner)!!

I'm glad the Gators jacket brought you good luck and that you get to stay!

Now, just stay away from the kitty, ok?

Carol

Greyhound Fleece Jackets

Greyhound Pack: EdWin, Jethro. and Lucky; Foster Jinks; Angels Janet, Faster, Blake, Navarre, Murray, and Festus.