Jett....

Guest jettcricket

Guest jettcricket

I can't believe that I'm posting this. I always felt so sad in reading other people's posts about their beloved hounds and dreaded the day that it would be me. I've shed tears for dogs that I've never even met because I know how incredibly hard it is to lose these special souls.

My sweet, gentle, good as gold boy, Jett left us this Sunday morning surrounded by me, my DH and his big sister Cricket. We told him how much we loved him and how sorry we were that we couldn't do more to save him. With a gentle kiss we said our goodbyes.

I asked Jett to send us a sign that he made it ok...when we left Sunday morning the sky was somewhat cloudy, dreary and misty. After we got back about 20 minutes later the sun came out and there was the most beautiful gentle breeze...I looked up in the sky and I knew that my baby made it safely to the bridge.

My only comfort is I know Jett is surrounded by the best of the best and is in good company and he is restored again.

Hug your hounds everyone...everyday is a gift. There will never be another one like him....

"Parishthethought" aka "Jett" August 1998-May 2008

JettCricketmisc029.jpg

JettCricketmisc026.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry he had to leave you.

Godspeed, Jett.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:cry1 My deepest condolences to you and your DH. :grouphug He was a beloved boy. :beatheart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Oh, Linda. I was thinking of you this morning. I am so sorry that I didn't get to meet him.

I do hate cancer. It is the thief who robs us, everyday, of those we love.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest guinness_the_greyt

Oh no!! :cry1 I'm so so sorry! :grouphug

Godspeed handsome Jett! :heart

Edited by guinness_the_greyt

I'm very sorry.

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Oh, I am so very, very sorry. Jett's face .... such a beautiful boy.

Rest in peace, baby boy.

Jackie

Jackie with Tangerine and Chimes

Always missing Gracie, Steely, Annie, Payne, Twilite, Janey Bug, Bindi, Sophie, and Dazzle

Guest SusanP

Oh no--I'm so sorry! Remember the love and happy life you gave him and keep him snuggled in your heart wherever you go.