Limping...

Mickey was running around the yard on Saturday while I was picking up poop. I turned my back for a second and heard him scream. Yup!...THAT scream. I turned back to find him holding up his left rear leg. No swelling. No heat. Nothing in the toes. No visible injuries. Nothing feels out of place. He still isn't putting weight on it. He is in good spirits. I've caught him doing zoomies on three legs and trying to play bow with that leg in the air. He doesn't appear to be in pain. He did complain a couple of times earlier in the week when he jumped on the couch and caught a leg between the cushions. Since then he acts fine...just on 3 legs. Sometimes he rests the toes on the floor when standing but doesn't put them down to walk.

I figured he just landed wrong in a turn and pulled a muscle. If so, how long would he continue to limp? Should I take him to the vet? Give it a few more days? What else could it be? Any ideas?

I'd go to the vets now.

It's probably nothing serious at all but personally, I'd rather have it checked out to be sure.

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

me too. my rule is 3 days...probably even sooner if they're putting absolutely no weight on it :goodluck

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Guest lotsagreys4me

I agree, a visit to the vet is in order. And it is probably nothing but you need to rule out anthing serious. Sounds like Mickey is a happy boy, good luck

Guest HeatherDemps

I'm in agreement with everyone else- I think a trip to the vet is in order. If anything, just to put your mind at ease and to ensure it's nothing serious.

Guest KennelMom
3 days unless they continue to cry or be stressed. You are well over that time frame. I'd get him to the vet.

Sending prayers

:nod Same rule of thumb here.

I would take him at this point. He is in pain, otherwise he would not be holding it up.

Last Memorial Day, Beau was being silly in the yard while I was out there and I heard THAT scream and he came tripoding around the pool screaming with his leg up. I immediately took him to the vet and he had pulled the achielles heel away from the bone and needed 3 hours of orthopedic surgery. The vet said, in 35 years, he had never seen anything like this....

So... you never know what you will find with x-rays. I hope it's just a pulled muscle. but I would not wait any longer.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

For sure vet. Sending my many prayers. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest vahoundlover
3 days unless they continue to cry or be stressed. You are well over that time frame. I'd get him to the vet.

Sending prayers

:nod Sending lots of prayers

Guest greyhound_bug

Yup, I agree with everyone else, its time to go to the vet.

DH and I can be a little parannoyed at times so sometimes we only wait a day or 2 :rolleyes: .