New Members From Vt

Guest oldNELLIE

Guest oldNELLIE

Hello!

I wanted to introduce myself and our lovely Miss Nellie, a 6 year old we rescued in November '07 from the Hindsdale track in NH (sp?). Nellie is our first greyhound, and she has just been the best (even with her few challenges). She is a little black beauty, showing her age in her face, but not in the heart!

Currently, she spends her days moving from one to the next of her 4 beds (including ours :)), tossing herself a rope toy, and begging for food, of which she will NEVER get enough.

She is a bit of a "nervous Nellie" and although my fiances office is dog-friendly, we have discovered that she is happiest being the master of her own palace, and doesn't need or want a whole lot else. Nothing makes her more happy than a walk with Jeff and I and then a night on the couch with the two of us. She is a creature with a routine, gets fed on the dots (4:30am, 5:30pm. 8:00pm), takes one of two walks (around the block or "extended - just try to get her to go another way!) and is fast asleep by 9:00. A perfect life for a retired athlete if she does say so herself.

I am thrilled to be able to get some of our questions answered! This seems like a great forum with lots of advise to be had!

Guest AaronsMom

Greetings and welcome from Rehoboth Beach Delaware. I also just recently posted for the first time, but have been using the forum quite a bit. I adopted a 2-1/2 year old retired racer - Aaron ("Valid Aaron") - March 1st and he is also from a New Hampshire Track - Seabrook. Lots of greyt stuff here and very nice, helpful folks!

Guest CircusGreyZoe

Welcome from Brattleboro VT! Sounds like Nellie is settling into her routine and loving it!

Our Zoe just came from Hinsdale herself and is black with a bit of grey in the face as well. Zoe also didn't do quite so well in this dog-friendly office and is happier at home. Small world, eh? And given that Vermont is Vermont, maybe we already know people who know each other (that seems to be the way it works around here!)?

:wave

Greetings from Gainesville, FL!

Welcome! :)

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Guest vtgreys

Another Vermonter here - welcome! Where are you in Vermont? I am in North MOntpelier, and currently have 2 retired racers, and had 2 previously. Hope to see you around here a lot.

Welcome to GT from Portland, Maine! :welcome2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hi from NY. :wave

Where in VT are you? We vacation in the Killington area a lot and end up having a 'greyhound parade' on the access road each summer. Around 5-8 greyhounds and their owners. There are not a lot of people around during that time of year, but those that do drive by slow down to see all the pups. :)

Lucy, Mommy to Alex (Fuzzy's Alexander), Zachy, and Lovey (RWC First Love). Angels Willow (Memu), Gracie LuLu (Reward Whammo), Prince (Dundrum Prince) and Rally (My Rapid Rally) , Siamese kitties Dallas and Dixie, Balinese kitty Zoe and bridge kitty Miza