Hi From Boston!

Guest socacts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest socacts

Here are some pictures! He's a gorgeous dog - definitely looks more like a greyhound, can't figure out what his other half is. People on the street assume he's a greyhound, so I guess it's hard to tell.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'd love to get together with some other local greyhound owners. Are there any events coming up?

MarathonWeekend006.jpg

MarathonWeekend007.jpg

MarathonWeekend008.jpg

He's approved here! :lol What a beautiful boy and he looks very greyhoundish. What's his name?

Edited to add: Greyhound Adventures, Expo at Wonderland/Raynham for starters/local events....

Edited by Aerosmom
Aero: http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?d=kees+uncatchable; our bridge angel (1/04/02-8/2/07) Snickers; our bridge angel (1/04/02-2/29/08) Cricket; Kanga Roo: oops girl 5/26/07; Doctor Thunder http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?z=P_31Oj&a...&birthland=

Here are some pictures! He's a gorgeous dog - definitely looks more like a greyhound, can't figure out what his other half is. People on the street assume he's a greyhound, so I guess it's hard to tell.

Thank you all for the warm welcome! I'd love to get together with some other local greyhound owners. Are there any events coming up?

MarathonWeekend006.jpg

MarathonWeekend007.jpg

MarathonWeekend008.jpg

That's Ruben, isn't it?

I saw him well over a year and a half ago when I started looking.

So glad he FINALLY found a home!

Greyhound Adventues has a greyhounds-only rule so you might run it past the leaders there at how strictly they define that...

Edited by JumpingGeorge

Hamish-siggy1.jpg

Susan,  Hamish,  Mister Bigglesworth and Nikita Stanislav. Missing Ming, George, and Buck

Guest fastdogs
Is this THE Rueben?!?! From Greyhound Friends in Hopkinton?

Just what I was thinking!

Welcome, from Winthrop.

Greyhound Adventures

I'm not a GA officer, but by the looks of him, I'd say he'd be able to fit in.

Two GA officers on Greytalk are:

riverbosun

JenniferS

sorry Melissa. I can't remember your member name :P

Edited by fastdogs

Welcome from Harvard, MA (the town not that place in Cambridge :colgate ).

Ruben was at GH-F for ages. I'm so glad he has a home! He looks just like a grey to me ...

Other upcoming events in MA include the GAS Reunion in Westford on May 10, and the GH-Friends 2-day open house in Hopkinton on (I think) the following weekend. Reminders and directions will be posted on the events page here.

Come with Ruben and meet loads of grey owners and greys, participate in fun and games, and realise that there are many accessories that you had no idea that you needed but absolutely have to buy! :P

Gillian,

Catwalk, Pilgrim and Murphy

Gillian
Caesar (Black Caesarfire) and Olly (Oregon) the Galgo

Still missing: Nell (spaniel mix) 1982-1997, Boudicca (JRT) 1986- 2004, and the greys P's Catwalk 2001-2008, Murphy Peabody (we failed fostering) 1998-2010 and Pilgrim (Blazing Leia) 2003-2016,

Guest socacts

I know, I couldn't believe how long he had been there! He is such an amazing dog. I'm so lucky to have him. :)

Is Greyhound Adventures really strict about that? Greyhound Friends gave me their name, so hopefully they will let us join in. I would love to go on some of the walks with other owners, and I think Ruben misses the company of the greys he has known for so long.

Edited by socacts

Guest SoulsMom

That's the same way I feel about Soul. He waited for a long time too, and he's such a wonderful boy :wub:

Be sure to come out to our open house in May, I'd love to see Ruben!

Guest fastdogs
I know, I couldn't believe how long he had been there! He is such an amazing dog. I'm so lucky to have him. :)

Is Greyhound Adventures really strict about that? Greyhound Friends gave me their name, so hopefully they will let us join in. I would love to go on some of the walks with other owners, and I think Ruben misses the company of the greys he has known for so long.

Contact them. I don't see it as an issue. He looks an awful lot like the grey.

info@greyhoundadventures.org

I remember seeing Reuben at GF- I check their website often and I have bought some stuff from their online store and I contacted them when I was on Nantucket 2 summers and there was a grey in the local shelter up there -

So glad that Reuben has found his forever home. he is such a lucky boy

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Guest RooRoo

Hi from SE Mass... :wave

If you're up for walking on a Saturday morning and heading a bit south of Brookline, join Trail Bound Hounds on a walk! And as you heard, Sunday walks with Greyhounds Adventures. Both groups offer a great opportunity to get out with your boy and meet other greys and their people. Both TBH and GA hold other events throughout the year too (e.g. Greyhound Planet Celebration in September, Jingle Bell Walk in Boston in December, etc.)

Yup, lots of stuff coming up as mentioned...

May 10th Greyhound Adoption Service Reunion, Westford, MA

May 17th and May 18th Greyhound Friends Open House

June 13-15th -5th Annual Greyhound Adoption Expo, Revere, Raynham & Easton

Congratulations and best of luck :yay He is so handsome ;)

Maria with Rizzo and Kiwi

Edited by RooRoo

Guest Frannie

Hi! I live in Belmont; where are you? And aren't these dogs incredible? Congratulations on your new family member, your life is about to change in really magical ways.

I've been adopting greyhounds since 1993, and Mable and Hoss are #s 5 and 6.

I would love to hear from you!

Frannie