She Would Have Been 13 Today...

retiredracers

I can't think of what I should write about the best greyhound ever. She was my heart and when she died, my heart broke. I believe she sent Elphie to me as a way to help me heal. Crooke had the most wonderful sweet and loving personality. I just can't put into words how amazing she was. I'm not a writer and I can't do her justice by trying to write something so here are some pictures to help me explain.

At Dewey Beach

07102f25.jpg

CrookeSunglasses.jpg

Crooke_Beach.jpg

These pictures were taken two days before she died. She was going to have emergency surgery to remove whatever was in her intestines (turned out to be a tumor) so I took the afternoon off and spent some time outside with her. Even though it was a June day, it was a little chilly in the shade and she needed my jacket.

b897ab22.jpg

Crookeface3sxday.jpg

Crookefacecovered2sxday-1.jpg

Wearing an Easter bonnet several years ago... look at her elegant and dignified (even when wearing a silly hat) face.

Crooked.jpg

She always had an inner calm about her....

Crooke_Collar_Coat.jpg

until she got playful and then she was wild (look at her little itty bitty tail... it would quiver when she was excited like a tuning fork).

CrookeBeachPlaybowing.jpg

She was a very tolerant and well-mannered girl... look at the kitten!!!

Crooke_Secret.jpg

Looking calm, peaceful and like the angel that she now is

de913a41.jpg

I love you, Crooke, forever and ever.

Crooke (fka Duly's Tina)

3/25/95 - 6/18/06

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest wilsontrixie

WHAT BEAUTIFUL PICTURES AND MEMORIES....

She looks so.....wonderful...peaceful and you are right...an inner calm....

i'm so sorry for your loss

Beautiful girl...In the arms of Angels until you meet again. :grouphug:f_pink:f_whitef_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest 7Greys

Our Crooked baby left a huge hole in our lives when she left us, but Elphie is doing her darnedest to fill it.

If you look close at her face you can see that her nose was crooked and scarred but no one seemed to notice that....... instead everyone always thought she was the most beautiful of our hounds. We used to say she would blink at people and mesmerize them so that they saw past her physical defects and only saw the beautiful soul within her.

She truly was one of a kind and THE MOST SPECIAL hound ever!!!!

I was lucky enough to meet Crooke and, as others have done along the way, fell completely in love with her. She reminds me of our Chloe who is also about to turn 13.

Your pictorial is perfect. It really shows her inner self. Thanks so much for sharing.

Its so hard to lose the perfect ones who touch everyone they meet. I think we are lucky to have them in our lives if only for a short time. I'm sure that Crooke is never far from you and there is no question she sent Elphie to you.

Happy Birthday Crooke

Kim, (PW's) Nate Dogg and Chloe (TJ Zorabell) - always in our hearts, (Racey) Benson and Polly (Racey Pauline)

allpups.jpg

NaturallyGrey Email List

What beautiful pictures of your girl. I love the picture with sand on her nose and the ones of her bundled up in the blue jacket.

I am very sorry for your loss.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

She certainly was a beautiful girl. I recently lost my sweet brindle Callie just a little before her 13th birthday too.

Hugs to you.

Pat, Baby, GiGi and Heaven

tivvy-gigi-heaven-gabby-2.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Blaze, Rodney, Lady, Spice, Sarahlee, Callie and Baby

Guest PhillyPups

Crooke, you came on gentle paw,

With love and then to teach us all

The love of the greys,

And to share our days

With your gentle grace,

Your elegant face,

Your funny ways,

We spent our days,

Living, loving, laughing with you ~

And knowing when your time here was through,

Your love lived on, for when you were gone,

You sent a sweet girl to help our grief,

And give us some needed comic relief ~

Though the dog beds are full, there are many here,

Our love for you continues, you hold our hearts dear ~

Crooke, you are loved and missed by all who knew you ~ Happy Birthday

Crooke had such an air of serenity about her in those photos. They are beautiful memories of a very special greyhound. Regal is definitely a way to describe her. I can see why you miss her so much.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

Guest KRKWMU

Those are great pictures, Sheila. I hadn't seen some of them. I wish we could have gotten to know Crooke a little better. You and her shared such a special bond. Happy 13th Birthday, Crooke. Your mama is always thinking of you.

Guest BryndlVenus
:f_white Crooke will always have a special place in my heart. I was so lucky to be able to spend so much time with her at work. Because of her , I have two greyt hounds of my own. She also gave a Bryndl a new best friend when she sent Sheila " Elphie." Happy Birthday Crooked.

Guest FooseBerry
I will always miss that beautiful face.

Happy Birthday my Crooked dog.

Happy Birthday Crooke, I miss you and will always love you. MomMom

Guest argolola

I remember crying when she went to the bridge. Another hound we fell in love with and never met.

God bless you and your family.