What Is This?

Here we go again, Logan can't seem to get a break. This lump does not appear to bother him, he is not limping but I have seem him hold it up. The lump is firm, not hot and doesn't seem to hurt him when I press on it. The pictures are the best I can get, it is about the size of a Cadbury egg.

100_0952E.jpg

100_0957E.jpg

100_0963E.jpg

The vet was not encouraging :( He did a needle aspiration right there in the office but was not able to see anything under the scope and will send the sample to the lab. He was not happy with the location of the lump or how fast it came up. He said it was not fluid filled but rather solid and attached. It bled a lot after the aspiration which suggests that it is extremely vascular (well fed). He was also not happy about how few cells he got from the aspiration. We are trying to stay positive but I am worried to death. We should get the results from the lab on Tuesday. We could use some prayers :hope

Edited by win4profit
Everyday-4.jpg

Guest jettcricket

Gee....don't know what it is. Looks like a visit to your vet would be your best bet. I would think if it was fluid, it would be soft and mushy to the touch.

Sending good thoughts to you and your boy.

Guest guinness_the_greyt
Gee....don't know what it is. Looks like a visit to your vet would be your best bet. I would think if it was fluid, it would be soft and mushy to the touch.

Sending good thoughts to you and your boy.

same thoughts as mine. Fluid build up tends to be mushy in my experience and gets hard when it's really stretching the skin, but by then it's tender to the touch.

I would take him to the vet for a check up

I agree. I think a vet visit might clarify things for you. It might be nothing too serious - but the vet will have a better idea.

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Sending my prayers. I also would go to the vet. Please keep us updated. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest mysymba

I agree with going to the vet....it appears to me as well as some fluid..he may had bumped it hard when running around or playing.....best wishes to you and the baby.....

Guest jettcricket
I decided to wait and see and the lump has not changed a bit. So I made an appointment with the vet for tomorrow. :goodluck

Good luck.....hoping it's something very fixable. Please keep us posted!

Sending prayers for your boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Oh Sue, I was so hoping for better news! I will keep you both in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest SkinnyLegDogLover

I'll be praying for your baby. I had something very similar once, I woke up with a giant elbow and about a day or 2 later...nothing. Didn't hurt and I never did know what it was. I thought maybe bursitis...do dogs get that? :dunno

Praying it is nothing.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.